Windows 10: File Explorer Columns - Quick Add/Remove

Discus and support File Explorer Columns - Quick Add/Remove in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 user (using 20H2 but that's not relevant). Bit of a long shot... but i can't be the only one who sees this issue.. I want to add and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asianhawk, Feb 10, 2021.

1. asianhawk Win User

File Explorer Columns - Quick Add/Remove

Hi,

Windows 10 user (using 20H2 but that's not relevant).

Bit of a long shot... but i can't be the only one who sees this issue..

I want to add and remove columns in File Explorer on the fly. I know how to add a column and remove it. However, every time I want to add it I have to click on More, scroll through a list of a hundred odd column headings to find (if not remember) the one I am looking for and then tick it. I can move it right to the top of the list to change it's relative position but as soon as I untick it the column header goes back in to the massive list! So has anyone any idea how I can keep it unticked at the top of the list when I'm not using it? And for all folders too (not just the ones I've previously gone in and ticked it).

An example of why I need this is when I want to show Frame Height to see which videos in a folder are 720 and which are 1080. The problem is, if I leave it on, the folder takes ages to open as it is going through checking all the data. So I want to be able to turn it on and off when I need it (quickly, rather than the above method). There are other fields that I have a similar need.

Thanks for thinking!

:)

asianhawk, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Gunzel99 Win User

Quick Access Column in File Explorer

How can I change the width of the Quick Access column in file explorer?

Gunzel99, Feb 10, 2021
  3. File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer Columns - Quick Add/Remove - Similar Threads - File Explorer Columns

2. File explorer will not add individual file to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer will not add individual file to quick access: I have a individual Excel file that used to appear in quick access. For some unknown reason it no longer appears in Quick Access. I've tried pinning but that only works with file folders. I reset the defaults in Quick Access with no effect. I'm at a loss as to why this...
  3. File explorer will not add individual file to quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer will not add individual file to quick access: I have a individual Excel file that used to appear in quick access. For some unknown reason it no longer appears in Quick Access. I've tried pinning but that only works with file folders. I reset the defaults in Quick Access with no effect. I'm at a loss as to why this...
  4. Add a field not available actually to file explorer columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add a field not available actually to file explorer columns: Hi, I'm in trouble, cause I wanna add a column to File Explorer, when I open a folder,If I Right-click onto this barI would see a column that I could not find in "Choose Details"with "Last Saved By" property, like this Excell file, in the picture under...
  5. Add a field not available actually to file explorer columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a field not available actually to file explorer columns: Hi, I'm in trouble, cause I wanna add a column to File Explorer, when I open a folder,If I Right-click onto this barI would see a column that I could not find in "Choose Details"with "Last Saved By" property, like this Excell file, in the picture under...
  6. Add a field not available actually to file explorer columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. file explorer columns

file explorer columns: The problem is since update to version 1909 the bit rate is not showing in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-columns/a243c5e2-ac14-4cae-b62e-895a75d97cae
  8. Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10

Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10: Is there a way to Remove "Quick Access" folder in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-quick-access-in-file-explorer-win10/0fdb23e4-495d-4174-8fea-af02836f1d31"
  9. Quick Access Column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Column in File Explorer: How can I change the width of the Quick Access column in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/quick-access-column-in-file-explorer/eb2c6ef5-6b89-480a-af0b-7c4f879a5695
  10. Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands...