Windows 10: File Explorer constantly crashing

Discus and support File Explorer constantly crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a problem with file explorer constantly crashing. If I click on the icon in the toolbar, file explorer will open, it will say "working on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GaryA, Sep 2, 2015.

1. GaryA Win User

File Explorer constantly crashing

I am having a problem with file explorer constantly crashing. If I click on the icon in the toolbar, file explorer will open, it will say "working on it," but then it crashes, the screen flashes, and it goes back to the desktop.

If I try to open a folder on the desktop, it does the same thing.

I have done numerous google searches in trying to fix this. Most of the replies are from preview versions, and are of no help to me. One that I did find talked about using the Windows debugging tool, but it was so complicated I couldn't figure out what they were saying.

I have deleted and uninstalled multiple programs that I no longer use, hoping that one of them was what was causing the conflict. I also unchecked a few things in startup as well.

No luck.

It is very frustrating. I can't even browse my computer's desktop or hard drives. I have to go to the command prompt to do anything. Thankfully I grew up on DOS so I can navigate around.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

:)

GaryA, Sep 2, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Windows Explorer crashes when I try to copy files to a flash drive

I am trying to figure out why every time I try to copy files to my external backup drive, a flash drive, a disk, etc. my Windows Explorer crashes.

* Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category

* Original title: Windows Explorer constantly crashes.

Charmaine223, Sep 2, 2015
  4. File Explorer constantly crashing

TairikuOkami, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

File Explorer constantly crashing

1. File Explorer constantly crashing - Similar Threads - File Explorer constantly

2. Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.: This started last night and whenever I open file explorer and go to click on anything the window looks like down below. I have tried the followingclearing explorer cache the Cachesfc /scannow,repairing via powershell.restarting my PCuninstalling a recent windows...
  3. Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.: This started last night and whenever I open file explorer and go to click on anything the window looks like down below. I have tried the followingclearing explorer cache the Cachesfc /scannow,repairing via powershell.restarting my PCuninstalling a recent windows...
  4. Windows Explorer crash constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  5. Windows Explorer crash constantly

Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  6. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashing Constantly help: I don’t know why but my file explorer started crashing with no reason, i was playing a game then it started crashing. I tried to shut down my pc, restarting it but nothing works can anyone please help me there ?...
  7. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

File Explorer Crashing Constantly help: I don’t know why but my file explorer started crashing with no reason, i was playing a game then it started crashing. I tried to shut down my pc, restarting it but nothing works can anyone please help me there ?...
  8. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Windows Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer constantly crashing: Hi all, I've been dealing with a problem of Explorer constantly crashing for the last day or two - if I attempt to open any file or folder within explorer, or a folder opens and it attempts to load information on that file, Windows Explorer crashes. If I attempt to right...
  10. File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly: File Explorer has started crashing the last few days and it's driving me up the wall. It hangs, then a progress bar starts creeping up the file location box, until everything disappears. During this process the pointer is a spinning blue circle and I can't click anywhere else...