Windows 10: File Explorer constantly loading or refreshing, can't see files

Discus and support File Explorer constantly loading or refreshing, can't see files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I first turn on my computer, the file explorer works fine. But after a couple minutes, when trying to create a new folder or rename something, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by homogenic, Nov 30, 2018.

1. homogenic Win User

File Explorer constantly loading or refreshing, can't see files

When I first turn on my computer, the file explorer works fine. But after a couple minutes, when trying to create a new folder or rename something, the green loading bar appears and the renaming doesn't appear until I exit out of the folder and go back in.

After that happens, if I try to reopen the file explorer, I get this infinite loading screen and none of my files are accessible.

File Explorer constantly loading or refreshing, can't see files 353a25d5-a5d2-45b6-bb85-291dfb4b42fb?upload=true.png

:)

homogenic, Nov 30, 2018
  2. ilangom Win User

File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

ilangom, Nov 30, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    File explorer not refreshing after deleting files in search

Hi you can simply hit F5 after deleting the file to refresh the explorer search results list.

Bu that, of course, is simply a workaround, not a solution.

dalchina, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Tom Carey Win User

File Explorer constantly refreshes

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've had issues with File Explorer. It refreshes very slowly and often for no reason. The address bar turns green and progresses slowly across.

Also, if I manually do something like re-sort a column by date or name in File Explorer, the Windows 10 version is noticeably slower compared to the Windows 7 version. It may show the message "Working on it" while the mouse icon showing a blue circle, then
    the files re-sort. In Windows 7 is was almost instant.

Tom Carey, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer constantly loading or refreshing, can't see files - Similar Threads - File Explorer constantly

2. File Explorer Not Loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Loading: I've been having issues with my laptop for awhile now. Normally, it won't complete updates and I have to do a full reset. This time, it updated properly, but I tried to do updates because whenever I try to open a folder, file Explorer won't load. I pops up the window, but...
  3. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  4. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  5. File Explorer Refresh Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Refresh Problem: On the Public Version I have my background changing every minute and it is causing File Explorer to refresh when it changes to the next image. So if I'm looking down a long list trying to find a specific file I lose my place every time the Background image changes as File...
  6. icon refreshing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    icon refreshing in file explorer: When my Windows 10 file explorer opens a folder containing a .JPG file, it triggers a non-stop frenzy of repeatedly refreshing every icon in sight including the desktop and probably others as well. I have tried many suggestions for fixing things relating to Explorer but none...
  7. Can't see external drives in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't see external drives in File Explorer: I have 3 external disks and none of them are recognised when I plug them in, the usb ports are ok as I can plug any usb drives and use them with no issues. I have used these 3 drives with no problems in the past. I think a Windows 10 update has caused some issues? Please...
  8. Refresh problem in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh problem in File Explorer: In an earlier thread, I reported that following an update file explorer no longer automatically refreshes after a deletion or change. I tried all the suggestions, but the problem persists. So I swapped a recently made clone of the hard drive and booted that. The same problem...
  9. File Explorer stopped refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer stopped refreshing: Until yesterday, when I deleted a file shown in File Explorer, it immediately vanished. But now, deleted files won’t go away until I right-click on a blank space and click Refresh. Same with renamed files. I did a SFC /scannow, which found some problems and corrected them,...
  10. View refresh in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    View refresh in file explorer: In W7 I could refresh the file list after deleting files using the view menu and the refresh option. W10 does not remove deleted files from view at once nor does it have a way of doing it manually that I can find. I can't believe it no longer exists. Thanks J 39365

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer contstantly refreshes

2. windows 10 file explorer very slowly refreshing

3. file explorer open constantly

4. windows explorer constantly refreshing,
  5. windows explorer refreshes thumbnails constantly,
  6. windows explorer constant refreshes in folder with a shortcut