Windows 10: File Explorer Content and Details time difference

Discus and support File Explorer Content and Details time difference in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have transferred some videos from my dash cam to my PC recently. I usually work with View>Details in File Explorer. I was surprised to find that,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bob Hawkins, Apr 11, 2019.

1. File Explorer Content and Details time difference

I have transferred some videos from my dash cam to my PC recently. I usually work with View>Details in File Explorer. I was surprised to find that, although the Date modified details matched the video upon pasting (which are correct), one hour has been added when I return to the list. View>Content retains the correct time, however. I have never been aware of this, previously. Indeed, I see that .jpg files of images taken on my walk today retain their correct times in View>Details. I wonder what might be the cause?
    I daresay this could be something related to BritishSummertime and is addressed more appropriately to DashCamTalk.

:)

Bob Hawkins, Apr 11, 2019

2. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

File Explorer Content and Details time difference windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 11, 2019
  4. File Explorer Content and Details time difference

Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

I could use some help adding the description field for .jpg images to the details preview. I have followed your instructions step by step several times, but it doesn't work.
    Does it matter that whether the file extension is .jpg .JPG or .jpeg ?

Any help is appreciated!
    I'm trying to display and edit the IPTC and/or EXIF description data field of an image, in order to benefit from its SEO value online.
    Here is how it looks on my PC:

File Explorer Content and Details time difference [​IMG]

HagenPflueger, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Content and Details time difference

1. File Explorer Content and Details time difference - Similar Threads - File Explorer Content

2. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  3. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  4. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  6. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  7. Detail List in File Explorer

8. File Explorer suddenly looks different - details in comment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer suddenly looks different - details in comment: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dirthawker0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lz9dur/file_explorer_suddenly_looks_different_details_in/
  9. Explorer and CMD display different directory contents

Explorer and CMD display different directory contents: Can anyone explain this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-cmd-display-different-directory/65706aaf-70fc-4c4f-8558-2338393a3713
  10. File Explorer takes long time to load contents!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer takes long time to load contents!: Why File Explorer sometimes takes ridiculously long time to load contents? I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1803 Build 17134.228 on HP Envy 13 Intel Core i7 6500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. Please fix it Microsoft, it's very annoying! [ATTACH]...