Windows 10: File Explorer/Context Menus having some issues with dark theme

Discus and support File Explorer/Context Menus having some issues with dark theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As you can see in the image, parts of file explorer and context menus are still white, making things unreadable. I've tried updating, restarting, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MicahJM, Mar 12, 2019.

1. MicahJM Win User

File Explorer/Context Menus having some issues with dark theme

As you can see in the image, parts of file explorer and context menus are still white, making things unreadable. I've tried updating, restarting, and toggling dark theme to no avail. I'm just forced to use light theme at the moment, which enables me to use my computer but is awful on the eyes since I generally work at night.

Also, shadows are really weird too. It looks like my window borders are unusually thick, and there's no shadow. I noticed that a long time ago and just ignored it until now.

I'm using a Surface Book 2 with latest update of build 1809.

File Explorer/Context Menus having some issues with dark theme [​IMG]

:)

MicahJM, Mar 12, 2019

2. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got
    their File Explorer themed black, and i already updated it to version 1803 as they say it will works. But why my file explorer theme is still white even though its on version 1803 and already changed the theme to dark? Thank you.

Andrew Soe, Mar 12, 2019
  3. MicahJM Win User
    Agitated with context menus

I completely agree. This should be simple: dark for the dark theme and light for the light theme. Having all these different context menu styles just...isn't right. Edge's has one font size, then the taskbar and Start have another size. File explorer has
    a light theme, and most don't have a nice animation when they open like they do in Edge. It does drive me crazy.

MicahJM, Mar 12, 2019
  4. File Explorer/Context Menus having some issues with dark theme

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown File Explorer/Context Menus having some issues with dark theme :(

ArmoredCavalry, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer/Context Menus having some issues with dark theme

1. File Explorer/Context Menus having some issues with dark theme - Similar Threads - File Explorer Context

2. Dark Theme Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Theme Issues: Does anyone know of a fix to this issue with Dark Theme?After the latest 22H2 update I cannot seem to find a fix to this.Also, the color black seems to not be supported anymore?...
  3. Keep Dark Theme File Explorer

Keep Dark Theme File Explorer: Hi, so I was just wondering if there is anyway to change to the Light Theme on all my apps and things etc. But keep the Dark Theme on File Explorer as I like how it looks.Thanks!Evan :...
  4. File Explorer and right context menus got messed up in Dark mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer and right context menus got messed up in Dark mode.: File Explorer and right context menus got messed up. The white address bar and no separation lines between options in right-click menus. any help would be appreciated!!!...
  5. explorer address bar & explorer context menus fail to use dark theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    explorer address bar & explorer context menus fail to use dark theme: i can override the colors using the high contrast settings interface, but i would like to use the default dark theme over this. submitted by /u/waiting4singularity [link] [comments]...
  6. File explorer in dark theme gone!

File explorer in dark theme gone!: Hello, After updating Windows to 1809 a couple weeks ago I was glad to start using File explorer dark theme. Last night I noticed that it's gone and back to the old white background theme. I can't recall what was changed, might have been a recent win update or disk cleanup...
  7. Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.: Hi I have a problem in file explorer when I am in light mode and highlight a file it shows all the information about file (ie) when and what time it was downloaded, in dark mode if I highlight same file I cannot see information the writing is extremely hard to read. Can...
  8. Dark Theme for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark Theme for File Explorer?: Hi, I've noticed that my version of Windows 10 supports a Dark Theme which I've selected, but that File Explorer continues to be bright white. Is there some way I can change this so that it's dark as well? My OS information: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Installed...
  9. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

Dark Theme for File Explorer.: I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got their File Explorer...
  10. File Explorer has two context menus

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer has two context menus: Why does File Explorer have two differ right click menus? One has arrows at the top and bottom to scroll the menu and the other one is the old style that we have always had which shows up once in awhile. 40327

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface book dark theme context menu broken