Windows 10: File Explorer Crash on Lenovo All-In-One When Updating to 1909

Discus and support File Explorer Crash on Lenovo All-In-One When Updating to 1909 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title says, the file explorer on my computer will go directly to not responding when opened. My update in update checker is stuck at 35% for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrGoodForNothing, Sep 17, 2020.

1. File Explorer Crash on Lenovo All-In-One When Updating to 1909

As the title says, the file explorer on my computer will go directly to not responding when opened. My update in update checker is stuck at 35% for 1909. I've tried back up recovery but that just stalls at the preparing computer part of the process. I'm going to try to do a recovery install from a USB, but haven't had the chance to yet. Is there anything I can do to avoid doing that?

:)

MrGoodForNothing, Sep 17, 2020

2. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Gencijs Win User
    File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Sep 17, 2020
  4. File Explorer Crash on Lenovo All-In-One When Updating to 1909

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Crash on Lenovo All-In-One When Updating to 1909

1. File Explorer Crash on Lenovo All-In-One When Updating to 1909 - Similar Threads - File Explorer Crash

2. My lenovo all-in one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lenovo all-in one: Something happened and your PIN isn'tavailable. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-all-in-one/2e422c0b-e43c-46e6-be1e-5166e2f5325b
  3. My lenovo all-in one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My lenovo all-in one: Something happened and your PIN isn'tavailable. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-all-in-one/2e422c0b-e43c-46e6-be1e-5166e2f5325b
  4. My lenovo all-in one

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. File explorer crashes when moving emails to one specific location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes when moving emails to one specific location.: Hello Everyone,Hopefully looking for some help with something that a customer is having issues with at the moment, so the issue is on a specific filepath on one of the servers when she goes to try and move an email file into this file path file explorer just crashes and dies...
  6. Lenovo All in One Windows Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo All in One Windows Crashing: I have a Windows 10 Lenovo All In One pc purchased in 2015. I have consistently run all updates. I had been running Comodo Anti-Virus Free since 2015. A week ago, I upgraded the Comodo software and since this time my computer would not maintain it's wireless connection. I...
  7. File Explorer Crashing version 1909

File Explorer Crashing version 1909: Hi, I installed new fresh windows old version 1903 and updated 1909, when I clicking on file explorer always crashing please look at this gif , please fix this bug its annoyance for me I try it another solution to fix this bug, not happening to change, please please a report...
  8. File Explorer 1909

File Explorer 1909: 1. If you use File Explorer to Open a document whose application has an Auto-Save feature and you leave File Explorer minimized then when the Auto-Save runs File Explorer will be hung. At that point if you use Task Manager to Restart the system will hang part way through....
  9. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

in Cortana
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.: New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr. I have tried to run...
  10. The 1909 update causes Explorer to crash when attempting to extract an archive using the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The 1909 update causes Explorer to crash when attempting to extract an archive using the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thegreatestminer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvxxc3/the_1909_update_causes_explorer_to_crash_when/