Windows 10: File Explorer Crash

Discus and support File Explorer Crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't open it and I can not do anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WinMidorima, Sep 9, 2018.

1. WinMidorima Win User

File Explorer Crash

I can't open it and I can not do anything.

:)

WinMidorima, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Joshua Her1 Win User

File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Sep 9, 2018
  3. slyfox2151 Win User
    Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

File Explorer Crash

Windows explorer (File explorer) Keeps crashing

Hi,

For us to know more about this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages whenever the File Explorer crashes?
    • Are you experiencing other issues aside from this after the update?

We suggest that you check on this article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    and try to open the Windows File Explorer again. If the issue still persists, you can check on this

link
    and try the second method given by ThofikAhamad.

Let us know how it goes.

Jaune Bel, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Crash

1. File Explorer Crash - Similar Threads - File Explorer Crash

2. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer: Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box. Thank you 70147
  3. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Crashing: Hello, so i am trying to open file explorer on my laptop from the start menu and where it is pinned on the start menu. When i do this, file explorer opens for a couple of seconds and closes on both. When this happens, I also hear the hard drive make a noise inside. I can...
  4. File Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer constantly crashing: I am having a problem with file explorer constantly crashing. If I click on the icon in the toolbar, file explorer will open, it will say "working on it," but then it crashes, the screen flashes, and it goes back to the desktop. If I try to open a folder on the desktop, it...
  5. File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps crashing: Hello guys! First of all, I am so sorry if this is the wrong section to post this problem in but I had a hard time locating where I should post it. After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my file explorer simply keeps crashing when navigating in folders....
  6. File Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer Keeps Crashing: I have seen this on other threads but I haven't been able to fix it yet. I run Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 with 2 additional screens, a Dell and an LG. Everything has worked fine for the first few months, but in the last week I have had the same issue every single...
  7. windows FILE explorer crashing - not consistently

in Windows 10 Support
    windows FILE explorer crashing - not consistently: Hi Weird issue. When I try to perform a seach on an external HDD with boolean operators windows file explorer will freeze then crash. Similiarly If I simply go into a folder on an exteral HDD and select a file Sometime it will crash just when I double click on the file....
  8. File Explorer crash when selecting files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crash when selecting files: Hi Guys, I have encountered this problem (in thread line) for the past 3-5 days and I have come no closer to any solution during that period of time. Basically, as soon as I left click or right click on a file in Windows Explorer it will crash. My Windows icon in the...
  9. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170
  10. file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer crashes: Hey guys, pretty new here.. Been trying all night to fix this but haven't had any luck so far. Couple problems that I'm pretty sure are related somehow? The first is that file explorer is constantly crashing. It crashes when I try to go to file explorer properties, and...