Windows 10: File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

Discus and support File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Thank you very much for this... works perfectly on my win 10. Download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows NOTE: download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by classic20, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Shezam Win User

File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

Thank you very much for this... works perfectly on my win 10.

Shezam, Feb 27, 2017
  2. vosuram Win User
    vosuram, Mar 6, 2017
  3. Many thanks for the fix - my problem turned out to be the "NVIDIA CPL Context Menu Extension".
    Disabled via ShellExView, right click on my D drive now and all works fine.

Mickster70, Mar 24, 2017
  4. File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

Thank you so much for this. My right click is normal again. You're my hero *Wink

madihahtakeru, Apr 27, 2017
  5. DanyR Win User
    In my case it was Avira's 'Speed up' tool that gave me the trouble of blocking when right clicking outside the file area. I think the additions in the right click menu are the first candidates to give trouble. Thanks for all idea's! My problem is solved...

DanyR, Jul 13, 2017
  6. So ...
    MalwareBytes is supposed to protect your computer.
    SpyBot Search&Destroy is supposed to protect your computer.
    Avira is supposed to protect your computer.

But instead they break your computer!
    Fail, fail, and fail. *Sad

margrave55, Jul 14, 2017
  7. bestellen Win User
    I disabled Format Factory context menu and all is good now.

bestellen, Jul 14, 2017
  8. WhamWeb Win User

Same Bug...
    I try to keep my system well organized, Nirsoft's ShellExView only shows 15 items, all behaving well.
    KPM's 15 Mar 2016 post hinted at a possibility. I uninstalled GlarySoft's Malware Hunter Pro and the issue went away.
    It's odd how I never had any issues with Malware Hunter Pro before the last Windows update. But then, Malware Hunter Pro has had its share of updates too.
    Anyway, a quick uninstall fixed it.

WhamWeb, Aug 20, 2017
  9. serhat Win User
    thank you very much. *Thumbs I had same problem too. I overcame the problem with your comment. *Cool

serhat, Sep 7, 2017
  10. tbruns Win User
    @topgundcp and @sthomas128 Thanks!!
    Installing ShellExView and disabling SpyBot Search&Destroy in the context menu fixed my issue.

tbruns, Sep 13, 2017
  11. I tried this, and it isn't working for me, my computer is pretty new and when I followed these steps only 3 third party extensions showed up, i disabled all of them and restarted but the problem was not solved, the ShellexView is up to date and all. Im stuck, I searched on multiple websites but they all recommend to try this, any suggestions?

DeadlyOrange, Oct 17, 2017
  12. Many thanks for this however; I've found a bit of a flaw in the logic, I'm having problems with right click in File Explorer and you have suggested RIGHT CLICK to run as Administrator, - that is the key problem, I can't right click when I'm using File Explorer - is there another way to approach this that does not involve right clicking in File Explorer?

DerekGCWhite, Dec 12, 2017
  13. Gordon7 Win User

Place the ShellExView on your Desktop (copy/paste) and then right-click ShellExView and choose "Run as Administrator".

You have to use your admin account when doing this. (Don't open File Explorer when doing this!)

Gordon7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop - Similar Threads - File Explorer crashes

2. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  3. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  4. Windows 11 right click crashes on file explorer and desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 right click crashes on file explorer and desktop: Everytime i right click on file explorer it crashes, everytime i right click on the desktop it crashes the desktop for a second and it works again. I've cleared my file explorer cache, i've tried the clean boot and use the CMD sfc /scannow but nothing seems to work, i dont...
  5. Windows 11 right click crashes on file explorer and desktop

Windows 11 right click crashes on file explorer and desktop: Everytime i right click on file explorer it crashes, everytime i right click on the desktop it crashes the desktop for a second and it works again. I've cleared my file explorer cache, i've tried the clean boot and use the CMD sfc /scannow but nothing seems to work, i dont...
  6. file Explorer on right click crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file Explorer on right click crashing: When I right click explorer automatically restart and I cannot delete files, creating folders and much more and I don't know how to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-on-right-click-crashing/5043c183-2eb0-4734-a753-ca7b47ccb6f9
  7. file Explorer on right click crashing

file Explorer on right click crashing: When I right click explorer automatically restart and I cannot delete files, creating folders and much more and I don't know how to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-on-right-click-crashing/5043c183-2eb0-4734-a753-ca7b47ccb6f9
  8. Windows Explorer crashing after right clicking on the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashing after right clicking on the desktop: Windows Explorer is crashing whenever I right click on the desktop. I don't know what's going on, but I want to fix it. Does anyone know what's happening here, and a way to fix it?...
  9. Right clicking files crashes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking files crashes File Explorer: The screen would stop for a second, go black, then reset itself as if nothing actually happened. This only affects my image files. I tried ShellExView and disabling any third-party context menus, but that didn't work. I tried Autoruns, but I couldn't find anything that's...
  10. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

2. File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

3. file explorer troubles when clicking on right mouse button