Windows 10: File explorer crashes just after opening.

Discus and support File explorer crashes just after opening. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have cleared the history, unticked the boxes as recommended but it still crashes. what is the next fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SueEM, May 24, 2019.

1. SueEM Win User

File explorer crashes just after opening.

I have cleared the history, unticked the boxes as recommended but it still crashes. what is the next fix?

:)

SueEM, May 24, 2019
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, May 24, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, May 24, 2019
  4. File explorer crashes just after opening.

File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, May 24, 2019
Thema:

File explorer crashes just after opening.

1. File explorer crashes just after opening. - Similar Threads - File explorer crashes

2. My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening: Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-and-files-on-desktop-crash-right/6ba53408-b3c0-4b2d-bc00-ba18fff4863b
  3. My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening: Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-and-files-on-desktop-crash-right/6ba53408-b3c0-4b2d-bc00-ba18fff4863b
  4. File Explorer Crashing with Open Shell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashing with Open Shell: Hi, File Explorer keeps crashing for me whenever I open a folder or go to any sort of directory and I presume this issue is caused by Open Shell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashing-with-open-shell/a70156ff-126e-4657-bc45-f4edab3f1d2a
  5. File Explorer Crashing with Open Shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashing with Open Shell: Hi, File Explorer keeps crashing for me whenever I open a folder or go to any sort of directory and I presume this issue is caused by Open Shell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashing-with-open-shell/a70156ff-126e-4657-bc45-f4edab3f1d2a
  6. Opening Office files crashes Explorer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Opening Office files crashes Explorer: Office 2013 Pro Plus. when trying to open doc or excel files maybe other files as well, Clicking on the .doc file goes unresponsive and after awhile closes but crashes explorer ie my desktop refreshes. I can open the same files using the Word or Excel, so the issue seems to...
  7. File Explorer will just closer or crash randomly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer will just closer or crash randomly.: Company wide we have and issue with File Explorer closing down. I haven't been able to find what the cause is. There is nothing in the problems report. It may be a network problem as many reports it is in our network drives. Although I believe it could be upstream...
  8. file explore crashes on opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    file explore crashes on opening: file explore is a fuckin bitch cant even boot my computer into safe mod because it just crashes and i refuse to reinstall windows what should I do submitted by /u/Pichumaster114 [link] [comments]...
  9. File Explorer crashes after opening any file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer crashes after opening any file.: Basically the title. If I open my file explorer, then a document then click back to file explorer, it locks up, my cursor spins. The explorer closes out then opens again in about 5 seconds. It's a huge pain when I need to open say five documents in quick succession. I've...
  10. File explorer crashes after opening a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes after opening a file: File explorer crashes after I open one file in explorer. The first one opens fine, but then explorer says not responding and crashes. Please help. I have tried all of the troubleshooting fixes i could find online. Clean Boot, resetting the settings in the view-options...