Windows 10: file explorer crashes when accessing d: drive

Discus and support file explorer crashes when accessing d: drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; File Explorer is set to open in the Quick Access window. When I click on This PC, file explorer closes and the screen momentarily goes blank. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertFoltz1, Mar 8, 2020.

1. file explorer crashes when accessing d: drive

File Explorer is set to open in the Quick Access window. When I click on This PC, file explorer closes and the screen momentarily goes blank.

When I type "D:" in the address window, the same thing happens. When I type "C:", I can see the C drive. I suspect something is wrong with the D drive settings but I cannot access the properties window.

I have reloaded Windows 10 Home and the problem continues.

:)

RobertFoltz1, Mar 8, 2020

2. File Explorer crashes

The file explorer always crashes on hard drive d: when files are viewed in "list" mode, when switched to "details" it seems ok.

Any idea why?

ShoFukamachi, Mar 8, 2020
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

file explorer crashes when accessing d: drive

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

file explorer crashes when accessing d: drive

1. file explorer crashes when accessing d: drive - Similar Threads - file explorer crashes

2. When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol...: When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. What does this mean and how do I correct this problem?...
  3. When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol...: When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. What does this mean and how do I correct this problem?...
  4. When I access any folder in file explorer, it causes file explorer to crash, taskbar...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I access any folder in file explorer, it causes file explorer to crash, taskbar...: Hi, I have a 5 year old hp laptop and whenever I try to access folders in file explorer, it crashes and causes shortcuts to not work, icons go black when I hover on them and my screensaver goes black, this only just started happening this week after a security update. I...
  5. When I access any folder in file explorer, it causes file explorer to crash, taskbar...

When I access any folder in file explorer, it causes file explorer to crash, taskbar...: Hi, I have a 5 year old hp laptop and whenever I try to access folders in file explorer, it crashes and causes shortcuts to not work, icons go black when I hover on them and my screensaver goes black, this only just started happening this week after a security update. I...
  6. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  7. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  8. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

9. File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer: I'm trying to format a USB drive but whenever I right click on it in explorer, file explorer crashes. Any tips on how to fix this? submitted by /u/barkafas2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf1qtn/file_explorer_crashes_when_right_clicking_on_a/
  10. file explorer crashes after trying to access remote drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer crashes after trying to access remote drive: I didn´t find exactly where should i post this bug because this is not vulnerability. It just makes windows a little bit more irritating. So, this bug happens when i try to connect to external drive (not sure how its called in EN) over a network (SMB, probably v3). The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local disc crashes explorer