Windows 10: File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

Discus and support File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to copy files from my digital camera but when I attempt to paste in a local folder, File Explorer crashes and refuses to allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cake5, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Cake5 Win User

File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

I have been trying to copy files from my digital camera but when I attempt to paste in a local folder, File Explorer crashes and refuses to allow me to make the transfer. This has happened several times recently over multiple days I have restarted the computer several times. I then get:

:)

Cake5, Jul 22, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jul 22, 2021
  4. File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

1. File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera - Similar Threads - File Explorer crashes

2. Failure when attempting to copy boot files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure when attempting to copy boot files: Im trying to recover using advanced tool option. For the bcdboot command using c: was not working. When i checked My PC, i found Window folder in X drive. And so should i use X: instead of C: in the command in this way "bcdboot x:/windows /s w: /f USFI"...
  3. Failure when attempting to copy boot files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure when attempting to copy boot files: Im trying to recover using advanced tool option. For the bcdboot command using c: was not working. When i checked My PC, i found Window folder in X drive. And so should i use X: instead of C: in the command in this way "bcdboot x:/windows /s w: /f USFI"...
  4. File History crashing when attempting to recover files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History crashing when attempting to recover files: Hi,I was messing around with batch and deleted a good chunk of files from my user folder, however I have a file history backup but clicking refresh simply causes it to crash, currently I'm simply copying the saved files from file history, but they have an annoying timestamp...
  5. File History crashing when attempting to recover files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History crashing when attempting to recover files: Hi,I was messing around with batch and deleted a good chunk of files from my user folder, however I have a file history backup but clicking refresh simply causes it to crash, currently I'm simply copying the saved files from file history, but they have an annoying timestamp...
  6. Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files: Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: Explorer.EXEApplication Version: 10.0.19041.1110Application Timestamp: e86d289eFault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.19041.1110Fault Module...
  7. New PC - File Explorer crashing when pasting copied/cut files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC - File Explorer crashing when pasting copied/cut files: Just bought a new PC with Windows 10 Home (Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gb, 1 tb m2 SSD, Radeon 5700XT). I'm trying to set it up, but every time I paste files to the C drive in File Explorer, it flashes white and crashes to desktop. This is the error message I get in Event Viewer:...
  8. Windows Explorer/Shell crashes when copy/pasting files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer/Shell crashes when copy/pasting files: Hi there! I've got a similar Problem to this one here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-windows-explorer-keeps-crashing/9805d5e7-ba72-44c7-bf4b-43cce92aecaf Sadly, this hasn't been solved, but my error log is also different to the one in...
  9. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer: Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box. Thank you 70147
  10. File Explorer crashes attempting file operations, on network drives

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crashes attempting file operations, on network drives: Hi This is another FileExplorer crash post - however this one slightly different than others I could find, and the solutions for the others has not provided a solution either. Long story short - upon attempting file operations on mapped network drives - e.g. rename...