Windows 10: File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

Discus and support File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to copy files from my digital camera but when I attempt to paste in a local folder, File Explorer crashes and refuses to allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cake5, Jul 22, 2021 at 6:37 AM.

1. Cake5 Win User

File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

I have been trying to copy files from my digital camera but when I attempt to paste in a local folder, File Explorer crashes and refuses to allow me to make the transfer. This has happened several times recently over multiple days I have restarted the computer several times. I then get:

:)

2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

4. File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

Thema:

File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

1. File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera - Similar Threads - File Explorer crashes

2. File Explorer crashing when moving files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashing when moving files: File explorer keeps on crashing when I move files. I've tried the clean boot already, and it didn't work. This was the info I got about the problem: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application...
  3. Explorer crashes whenever I copy a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashes whenever I copy a file: I was having issues so I did a fresh install on Windows 10 Professional and make sure I had all of the updates. Now when I copy and paste a file somewhere, move a file or create a shortcut it causes explorer to crash and I'm not sure why as I haven't modified any system...
  4. New PC - File Explorer crashing when pasting copied/cut files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC - File Explorer crashing when pasting copied/cut files: Just bought a new PC with Windows 10 Home (Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gb, 1 tb m2 SSD, Radeon 5700XT). I'm trying to set it up, but every time I paste files to the C drive in File Explorer, it flashes white and crashes to desktop. This is the error message I get in Event Viewer:...
  5. Windows Explorer/Shell crashes when copy/pasting files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer/Shell crashes when copy/pasting files: Hi there! I've got a similar Problem to this one here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-windows-explorer-keeps-crashing/9805d5e7-ba72-44c7-bf4b-43cce92aecaf Sadly, this hasn't been solved, but my error log is also different to the one in...
  6. Copying files in File Explorer

Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  7. Windows explorer crashes when copying files (corrupted heap?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer crashes when copying files (corrupted heap?): When I try to copy files, explorer.exe crashes. Randomly in the middle of a file transfer, it looks like explorer refreshes and then the copying is no longer happening. I looked around in many forum posts and ended up following some instructions in other questions to...
  8. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer: Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box. Thank you 70147
  9. File Explorer crash when selecting files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crash when selecting files: Hi Guys, I have encountered this problem (in thread line) for the past 3-5 days and I have come no closer to any solution during that period of time. Basically, as soon as I left click or right click on a file in Windows Explorer it will crash. My Windows icon in the...
  10. File Explorer crashes attempting file operations, on network drives

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crashes attempting file operations, on network drives: Hi This is another FileExplorer crash post - however this one slightly different than others I could find, and the solutions for the others has not provided a solution either. Long story short - upon attempting file operations on mapped network drives - e.g. rename...