Windows 10: File Explorer crashes when I right click

Discus and support File Explorer crashes when I right click in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BramBennink, Dec 15, 2021.

1. File Explorer crashes when I right click

Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded a sketchy file or opened a suspicious link. I also can't lock any files, eventho I am the administrator, so maybe they are related?Does anybody know why or have a solution?With kind Regards,Bram

:)

BramBennink, Dec 15, 2021
  2. ahearne Win User

File Explorer - Right click and crashing

Hello

Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing

Please can anyone suggest a fix.

ahearne, Dec 15, 2021
  3. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Dec 15, 2021
  4. H0logram Win User

File Explorer crashes when I right click

win10 file explorer crashes with right click

Thank you for this suggestion, I have tried both of these and still have the issue where if I right click on a directory on the left side of file explorer it crashes and closed the screen. Any other suggestions??

Thank you

H0logram, Dec 15, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer crashes when I right click

1. File Explorer crashes when I right click - Similar Threads - File Explorer crashes

2. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  3. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  4. file explorer crashes when i right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer crashes when i right click: When I right click on a drive in file explorer it closes all windows. Its very annoying. I would prefer to go back to windows 10 right click as a lot of the things i do now require me to do the extra step of right clicking and then going to more options....
  5. file explorer crashes when i right click

file explorer crashes when i right click: When I right click on a drive in file explorer it closes all windows. Its very annoying. I would prefer to go back to windows 10 right click as a lot of the things i do now require me to do the extra step of right clicking and then going to more options....
  6. File Explorer crashes when I right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when I right click: Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded...
  7. File Explorer crashes when I right click

File Explorer crashes when I right click: Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded...
  8. File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking: Long story short, whenever I try to rick click a file, File Explorer crashes. This doesn't happen with folders, and it doesn't happen on the desktop. File Explorer also crashes when I try to move a file by dragging it, and it also sometimes crashes when I go into a folder,...
  9. File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer: I'm trying to format a USB drive but whenever I right click on it in explorer, file explorer crashes. Any tips on how to fix this? submitted by /u/barkafas2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf1qtn/file_explorer_crashes_when_right_clicking_on_a/
  10. file explorer crashes when i right click

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer crashes when i right click: This is the first issue i have had with windows 10 ever since installing it in august. Ever since yesterday whenever i click on a file in the file explorer window it will gray out and stop working. Unlike the average hang this one will stay grayed out for about 5 to 10...