Windows 10: file explorer crashes when i right click

Discus and support file explorer crashes when i right click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is the first issue i have had with windows 10 ever since installing it in august. Ever since yesterday whenever i click on a file in the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by windows10noob, Dec 26, 2015.

1. file explorer crashes when i right click

This is the first issue i have had with windows 10 ever since installing it in august. Ever since yesterday whenever i click on a file in the file explorer window it will gray out and stop working. Unlike the average hang this one will stay grayed out for about 5 to 10 seconds, my screen will go black for about half a second and than everything will be back to normal. I am thinking that this could be a virus but i have run a scan 2 times and nothing showed up. Other than the file explorer not working everything is fine. This is really weird since it only started yesterday and i have never had any issues like this in the 4 years that i have had my computer.

:)

windows10noob, Dec 26, 2015
  2. Githnan Win User

File Explorer crashes when I right click shellex solutions does not work

Whenever I use my right click in file explorer it crashes. I'm running windows 10 64 bit upgraded from 7. I've attempted the ShellEx solution mentioned previously and disabled all of the third party extensions (I made sure to restart explorer in multiple
    ways to make sure it worked) I found a couple of unwanted programs through malwarebytes but removing them did nothing.

I'm largely out of ideas. I'll keep working on it but any help would be appreciated.

Githnan, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    File Explorer crashes when I right click shellex solutions does not work

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

In this case, we suggest to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. This will allow you to automatically detect and fix common maintenance problems such as broken desktop shortcuts, unused icons, disk volume errors, and incorrect system time display.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps provided by Isha Soni on this

link

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 26, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

file explorer crashes when i right click

topgundcp, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

file explorer crashes when i right click

1. file explorer crashes when i right click - Similar Threads - file explorer crashes

2. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  3. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  4. file explorer crashes when i right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer crashes when i right click: When I right click on a drive in file explorer it closes all windows. Its very annoying. I would prefer to go back to windows 10 right click as a lot of the things i do now require me to do the extra step of right clicking and then going to more options....
  5. file explorer crashes when i right click

file explorer crashes when i right click: When I right click on a drive in file explorer it closes all windows. Its very annoying. I would prefer to go back to windows 10 right click as a lot of the things i do now require me to do the extra step of right clicking and then going to more options....
  6. File Explorer crashes when I right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when I right click: Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded...
  7. File Explorer crashes when I right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when I right click: Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded...
  8. File Explorer crashes when I right click

9. File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking: Long story short, whenever I try to rick click a file, File Explorer crashes. This doesn't happen with folders, and it doesn't happen on the desktop. File Explorer also crashes when I try to move a file by dragging it, and it also sometimes crashes when I go into a folder,...
  10. File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer: I'm trying to format a USB drive but whenever I right click on it in explorer, file explorer crashes. Any tips on how to fix this? submitted by /u/barkafas2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf1qtn/file_explorer_crashes_when_right_clicking_on_a/