Windows 10: File explorer crashes when i select a file

Discus and support File explorer crashes when i select a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello dear Microsoft Community, My file explorer crashes when i select a file, right click/left click to it. Folder left click works perfectly but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Engin Deniz Akbulut, Feb 8, 2021.

1. File explorer crashes when i select a file

Hello dear Microsoft Community,

My file explorer crashes when i select a file, right click/left click to it. Folder left click works perfectly but the file clicking isn't working and it crashes my file explorer. I can't literally open anything in my computer and it's too annoying, is there any type of solution for that. I tried nearly everything that answered on the other forum questions.

Best regards.

:)

Engin Deniz Akbulut, Feb 8, 2021

2. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Feb 8, 2021
  3. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Feb 8, 2021
  4. File explorer crashes when i select a file

File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

File explorer crashes when i select a file

1. File explorer crashes when i select a file - Similar Threads - File explorer crashes

2. File explorer crashes when I select 2 or more files and select the show more options button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crashes when I select 2 or more files and select the show more options button.: I've been trying to install some fonts but I realized that file explorer crashes when I try to select 2 or more files and then select the more options button to install some fonts. I tried with all sorts of files but it always crashes. But when I select 2 or more folders, and...
  3. Windows Explore crashes when an image file is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explore crashes when an image file is selected: When I click on an image file,in Explorer, .jpg,etc. An hour glass appears, then Explorer crashes, and returns me to the desktop. I've tried sfc and restore image online. It did not make any difference. What should I do now?...
  4. Windows Explore crashes when an image file is selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explore crashes when an image file is selected: When I click on an image file,in Explorer, .jpg,etc. An hour glass appears, then Explorer crashes, and returns me to the desktop. I've tried sfc and restore image online. It did not make any difference. What should I do now?...
  5. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.: First of all, this is the first time that i write something like this. When I select multiple files in File explorer it crashes. This does not happen immediately though, selecting 2 or 3 files usualy is fine, the crash usualy occurs when i select around 5-7 files or more the...
  6. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.: First of all, this is the first time that i write something like this. When I select multiple files in File explorer it crashes. This does not happen immediately though, selecting 2 or 3 files usualy is fine, the crash usualy occurs when i select around 5-7 files or more the...
  7. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer freezes when i select files

File Explorer freezes when i select files: When i try to open a file and i click on it the spinning wheel appears and file explorer freezes, but it only works with apps if they are in a folder. If i try pinned apps, the ones on the desktop or if i search for them they work fine. This doesn't happens to folder. Can...
  9. Selecting a file crashes File Explorer

Selecting a file crashes File Explorer: I have a presentation to do tomorrow. Because I haven't paid for any Microsoft subscriptions, I've made my presentation using Google Slides. However, as a backup, I'm trying to save the file as a .pptx to have on a flashdrive should I not have access to the internet. Thing...
  10. File Explorer crash when selecting files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crash when selecting files: Hi Guys, I have encountered this problem (in thread line) for the past 3-5 days and I have come no closer to any solution during that period of time. Basically, as soon as I left click or right click on a file in Windows Explorer it will crash. My Windows icon in the...