Windows 10: File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .

Discus and support File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders . in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried everything available on Internet sfc /scannow chkdsk etc here is the error in event viewer... Fault bucket 1807279198899510965, type 4 Event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chaitanya_007, Dec 26, 2020.

1. File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .

I tried everything available on Internet
    sfc /scannow
    chkdsk
    etc
    here is the error in event viewer...
    Fault bucket 1807279198899510965, type 4
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: explorer.exe
    P2: 10.0.19041.662
    P3: 996782f8
    P4: ntdll.dll
    P5: 10.0.19041.662
    P6: 27bfa5f0
    P7: c00000fd
    P8: 0000000000016e27
    P9:
    P10:

:)

Chaitanya_007, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Ahmed Meg Win User

File Explorer crash when opening folder in new window

Hi

I have a problem with file explorer in windows 10

When i try to open a folder from the list at the left corner as example a folder from Quick access

When i click on it with right click and choose open in new window the file explorer crashes and restart again

Ahmed Meg, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .

File explorer - setting a default opening screen to particular folder

Hi, this article, which you may have read, discusses this issue; although it may not achieve precisely what you want, it comes close.
    Two ways to make Windows 10 File Explorer open specific folders - TechRepublic

More here:
    Set Default Folder When Opening Explorer in Windows 10

From another point of view, you'll probably also be aware of programs that offer favourites list, common across a range of file managers and open/save boxes etc such as Listary.

dalchina, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .

1. File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders . - Similar Threads - File Explorer crashes

2. Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.: So i don't know why but since the last version of Windows 10, the Windows Explorer keeps crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.This happens with a lot of music types: MP3, OGG, WAV etc......
  3. Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.: So i don't know why but since the last version of Windows 10, the Windows Explorer keeps crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.This happens with a lot of music types: MP3, OGG, WAV etc......
  4. Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder

File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder: Hello,When I open file explorer, and I go to the downloads folder, the system app crashes. When it does, I have to stop it using task manager. It also causes other problems with the system, like my laptop screen going white, I have a monitor, and my taskbar not coming up, I...
  6. File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive

File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive: File Explorer crashes freezes on click or right-click folder/file from OneDrive. It works fine on other Windows users. I have already tried: reseting the OD reinstalling the OD System File Checker turning off the detail/preview pane off Any more ideas?...
  7. File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .

File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .: I tried everything available on Internet sfc /scannow chkdsk etc here is the error in event viewer... Fault bucket 1807279198899510965, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: explorer.exe P2: 10.0.19041.662 P3: 996782f8 P4:...
  8. file explorer crash when opening download folder

file explorer crash when opening download folder: Hi. I have some problem when I Open my download folder from D: drive already check the error and it's said Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event...
  9. File Explorer crash when opening folder in new window

File Explorer crash when opening folder in new window: Hi I have a problem with file explorer in windows 10 When i try to open a folder from the list at the left corner as example a folder from Quick access When i click on it with right click and choose open in new window the file explorer crashes and restart again...
  10. File explorer - setting a default opening screen to particular folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer - setting a default opening screen to particular folder: I was able to do this in Win7 but can't figure out what to do in W10. Problem is that I want File Explorer to start with the display at a particular folder. In my case that is D:\Tony\Pictures. And with the contents of that folder in the right-hand pane. I should add that...