Windows 10: File Explorer crashes when searching Windows 10

Discus and support File Explorer crashes when searching Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I look for some term in the "search in quick access" in windows explorer, after writing some letters, it crashes and then the explorer returns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joape, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Joape Win User

File Explorer crashes when searching Windows 10

When I look for some term in the "search in quick access" in windows explorer, after writing some letters, it crashes and then the explorer returns after some seconds. I have Windows 10 updated.

:)

Joape, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Windows explore crash when searching

The tenforums link solved this issue for me.

The root cause is a Windows 10 bug where File Explorer crashes when long file names are included in a search result. The steps for the workaround are:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View > Options
    • Open the View tab
    • Check "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    • Click OK

The Benjamin Moore, Jan 2, 2019
  4. File Explorer crashes when searching Windows 10

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer crashes when searching Windows 10

1. File Explorer crashes when searching Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File Explorer crashes

2. Windows explorer crashed when turning on search file contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer crashed when turning on search file contents: In windows explorer, while searching, i went to the search toolbar, advanced options and ticked file contents. Then windows crashedI use Windows 10 version 21H2 build 19044.1586Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFB3A926FC2 tquery.dll in explorer.exe.11188.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access...
  3. Windows explorer crashed when turning on search file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer crashed when turning on search file contents: In windows explorer, while searching, i went to the search toolbar, advanced options and ticked file contents. Then windows crashedI use Windows 10 version 21H2 build 19044.1586Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFB3A926FC2 tquery.dll in explorer.exe.11188.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access...
  4. Windows explorer crashed when turning on search file contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  6. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  7. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. windows explorer crashing when searching for files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer crashing when searching for files: this started happening only a few days ago, and i havent been able to find out why at all, its very annoying because im trying to find files that i want to use and everytime i search for them windows explorer crashes halfway through the search, ive looked at several answers...
  9. Windows 10 - search not working and file explorer keeps crashing

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - search not working and file explorer keeps crashing: Hi! My windows search bar doesn't work, it automatically closes when I try to open it, also when I click on windows logo on the bottom left it automatically closes the start popup. I cant open pictures or videos it says file system error -2147163901, and my file explorer...
  10. Windows File Explorer keeps crashing when searching for tags

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows File Explorer keeps crashing when searching for tags: i have around 1200+ files tagged every one with 1 or more than 20 tags each when i search for at least one tag in file explorer it shows some results than it crashes if i go to a folder where there is only few files it doesn't crash but when i go back to the parent folder it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer crashes when searching