Windows 10: File Explorer Crashes While Hovering Over The "New" Option

Discus and support File Explorer Crashes While Hovering Over The "New" Option in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I right-click inside a folder and mouse over the "New" option, even for just a moment, File Explorer freezes immediately, and I am forced to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NadezdaJohnston, Jun 23, 2019.

1. File Explorer Crashes While Hovering Over The "New" Option

Whenever I right-click inside a folder and mouse over the "New" option, even for just a moment, File Explorer freezes immediately, and I am forced to restart the program. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763. I use an Alienware 13 R3 with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors.

:)

NadezdaJohnston, Jun 23, 2019

2. R click and hover on new causes file explorer to hang for a long time before showing options

Why when I R click and hover on new causes file explorer to hang for a long time before showing options?

BrianFisher4882, Jun 23, 2019
  3. angu2105 Win User
    File Explorer keeps crashing after hovering over "new"

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new folder in File Explorer. Every time, I open up file explorer just fine. Then I go to Downloads (where I am trying to create a new folder) and attempt to create a new folder. However, when I right click and hover over "new", file
    explorer stops responding. I've tried to create it in different locations and restart my computer. I looked it up and tried disabling "show recently used files" and "show frequently used folders" in Quick Access.

Thanks.

angu2105, Jun 23, 2019
  4. File Explorer Crashes While Hovering Over The "New" Option

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Crashes While Hovering Over The "New" Option

1. File Explorer Crashes While Hovering Over The "New" Option - Similar Threads - File Explorer Crashes

2. Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer: Hey Windows 10 community. I'm looking for the ability to provide more information when you hover over a file in windows explorer. As mines currently configured default, the only thing I see as the file type the dimensions and the size. Does anyone know how to change this?I...
  3. Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer: Hey Windows 10 community. I'm looking for the ability to provide more information when you hover over a file in windows explorer. As mines currently configured default, the only thing I see as the file type the dimensions and the size. Does anyone know how to change this?I...
  4. Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer 'not responding' after hovering over Excel related files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer 'not responding' after hovering over Excel related files.: Window freezes not responding when hovering over Excel related files. No change when OneDrive sync is paused. Opening Excel files from within the Excel app is working. Other Office file types are not affected by whatever issue this is.Any feedback is appreciated....
  6. Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New"

Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New": It freezes for about 10 seconds, but then it works. I tried many things: using ShellExView to disable extensions, uninstalling some programs, running in safe mode, I used DISM to check for health, nothing worked. Windows is updated, drivers are updated, I don't know what to...
  7. Windows Explorer crashing over and over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer crashing over and over: So, an error I've had for a few days. It happens no matter what even if no processes are running. The Explorer app crashes and the task bar goes away and returns a few seconds later. My system tray is empty and this usually causes some graphical annoyances when it happens as...
  8. Once I hover over the "New" option after Right clicking the explorer crashes

Once I hover over the "New" option after Right clicking the explorer crashes: So after updating Windows earlier today, I ended up with the issue that once I right click and hover over "new" the explorer crashes I tried running an SFC but no issue was detected (Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.) I also tried DISM.exe...
  9. Hovering mouse over folder does not open it in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hovering mouse over folder does not open it in file explorer: I have a problem with file explorer on windows 10 following the recent update. While drag and dropping a file into a folder, hovering over a folder no longer opens the folder to allow for direct placement into a subfolder. Any solution appreciated. ***Title modified from:...
  10. Options are not highlighted while hovering through menus or options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Options are not highlighted while hovering through menus or options: Hi, Few days back I have started facing issue with the mouse. Some options doesn't get highlighted dynamically when hovered through them. For example if you right click on desktop and hovers through any of the options it gets highlighted. But if hovered through one of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows crashes when making new folder

2. my computer crashes when i hover over new

3. hobering over new causes pc to crash