Windows 10: File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders

Discus and support File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While scrolling down on folders in my drive the file explorer closes and restarts, this makes it impossible to acces some files, and in some folders it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by {ALG}, Aug 28, 2020.

1. {ALG} Win User

File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders

While scrolling down on folders in my drive the file explorer closes and restarts, this makes it impossible to acces some files, and in some folders it crashes as soon as I open it, the error is:

Source
    Windows Explorer

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎8/‎27/‎2020 11:04 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: InPageError
    Error Status Code: c000009c
    Faulting Media Type: 00000003
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 7d2749361dc05922d6a071409bc80d44 470146

:)

{ALG}, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Deluneth Win User

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Topalu Win User

File Explorer crashes when scrolling with "Content" view

I am finding that File Explorer is crashing after a search is complete and try to scroll through the list (200-500+) if the view is left in the default "Content" view. But, if the "Details" view is selected, can scroll the entire list no problem. Must
    be something with the "Content" view grid, with it's nested info, that it can't keep up with the refresh or something???

Topalu, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders - Similar Threads - File Explorer Crashes

2. Home Folder In File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder In File Explorer Crashing: Hi! Can someone helped me with this?The only folder that crashed is the "Home" folder. I don't have issues on any other folders. I have tried clearing the cache, restarted the explorer with task manager, but nothing works. I also tried this one but, the results is not what I...
  3. File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging: I recently updated to Windows 11 version 22H2 and I can no longer scroll in file explorer while "holding" a file by clicking and dragging. For example, if you have a folder with a large number of items, you arrange it by name, you want to move file zxy.txt into a Folder named...
  4. File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging: I recently updated to Windows 11 version 22H2 and I can no longer scroll in file explorer while "holding" a file by clicking and dragging. For example, if you have a folder with a large number of items, you arrange it by name, you want to move file zxy.txt into a Folder named...
  5. Home Folder In FIle Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder In FIle Explorer Crashing: Hi, I recently had an update, and now have this "HOME" folder, however, every time I open it, it crashes/restarts the file explorer. I have thankfully changed the option of when opening file explorer, it opens on 'My PC', instead of 'Home', otherwise it was very frustrating...
  6. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll...
  7. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll...
  8. File Explorer crashes when scrolling.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when scrolling.: When i right click any folder on the sidebar e.g. Quick Access folders and scroll down the explorer just crashes. When i right click on a quick access folder it crashes when i get to "unpin from quick access". When i right click a folder under "this pc", it crashes when i...
  9. Issues while scrolling in Folders with long list of Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while scrolling in Folders with long list of Files: This is one of the most annoying problems I've encountered with Windows 10. When looking at a long list of files using the File Explorer, no matter what I want to look at, it quickly jumps back to the top of the list. I know this is not a new problem my search shows a...
  10. scrolling in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    scrolling in File Explorer: My background is 3840 by 1080. I have 55 pictures in a Dropbox account of that size. When I click on one of the last ones, to make it background, or just to look at it... the scroll bar on the right goes right back up to the top. Windows 8 and 8.1 did the same. It is so...