Windows 10: File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files

Discus and support File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is there a quick fix to File Explorer crashes when clicking on MS Word files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by José Bird, Nov 23, 2019.

1. File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files

Is there a quick fix to File Explorer crashes when clicking on MS Word files?

:)

José Bird, Nov 23, 2019

2. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Nov 23, 2019
  3. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Nov 23, 2019
  4. PorterBT Win User

File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files

MS Word and File Explorer

I just started using Word 365. I go to File Explorer and open an existing Word doc and make no changes to it. I then close it out. In File Explorer, the listing shows it now has a new “Date modified” with the current date. If I open the doc again and
    check its properties, it has the “Last Modified” date as the last time I actually made a change to it. How do I stop this from happening? I need the files ordered in the actual “Date modified” not the last opened date.

Moved from:

Word

/

Windows 10

/

Office 365 Home

PorterBT, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files

1. File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files - Similar Threads - File Explorer Crashes

2. About the files on MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the files on MS Word: I copy/pasted the same files on a folder and edited per file but when I undo and redo the file and opened it again, the contents of the file is gone. what do i do?...
  3. About the files on MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About the files on MS Word: I copy/pasted the same files on a folder and edited per file but when I undo and redo the file and opened it again, the contents of the file is gone. what do i do?...
  4. About the files on MS Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. MS 365 files (Word, Excel, PPT) no thumbnails in Windows Explorer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS 365 files (Word, Excel, PPT) no thumbnails in Windows Explorer: I installed MS 365 a few weeks ago and have recently noticed that its files are not showing thumbnails when looking at them in Windows Explorer. All files are saved in the latest format, e.g. docx, xlxx, pptx. This is whether viewed as large, medium or small icons. For a...
  6. word files crash windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    word files crash windows explorer: since yesterday i notice that opening a word file makes the windows explorer not responding. Last windows update about a montha ago 2004. but since then i have had lenovo updates and kaspersky antivirus updates(most recent). this happens 100% of the times i open a word file....
  7. File Explorer will no longer search for words in files

File Explorer will no longer search for words in files: I had automatic updates on, but clearly the computer didn't automatically update. File explorer is no longer finding words in files. I've processed all the updates from January to now, but File Explorer search is still broken. I really need that search to work to be able to...
  8. MS Word and File Explorer

MS Word and File Explorer: I just started using Word 365. I go to File Explorer and open an existing Word doc and make no changes to it. I then close it out. In File Explorer, the listing shows it now has a new “Date modified” with the current date. If I open the doc again and check its properties, it...
  9. File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding: When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files by using Excel or...
  10. file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer crashes: Hey guys, pretty new here.. Been trying all night to fix this but haven't had any luck so far. Couple problems that I'm pretty sure are related somehow? The first is that file explorer is constantly crashing. It crashes when I try to go to file explorer properties, and...