Windows 10: File Explorer Crashes

Discus and support File Explorer Crashes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just got the latest Windows 10 update and now File Explorer crashes. If I double-click a file to open it, then it does not respond. If I right-click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tanis306, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Tanis306 Win User

File Explorer Crashes

I just got the latest Windows 10 update and now File Explorer crashes. If I double-click a file to open it, then it does not respond. If I right-click a file, it does not respond. This happened to me before I I wiped my computer clean and reinstalled Windows. I do not want to have to do a reinstall every time there is an update. Please help. I need to be able to open files from File Explorer.

:)

Tanis306, Apr 15, 2019

2. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Apr 15, 2019
  3. File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

File Explorer Crashes

Windows explorer (File explorer) Keeps crashing

Hi,

For us to know more about this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages whenever the File Explorer crashes?
    • Are you experiencing other issues aside from this after the update?

We suggest that you check on this article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    and try to open the Windows File Explorer again. If the issue still persists, you can check on this

link
    and try the second method given by ThofikAhamad.

Let us know how it goes.

Jaune Bel, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Crashes

1. File Explorer Crashes - Similar Threads - File Explorer Crashes

2. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashing: I have a brand new Dell XPS running on Windows 10. Only program on it is Office. Every time I try to open a document through the File Explorer it freezes and crashes. The window becomes "unresponsive". I have to use task manager to restart it only to have it crash again. The...
  3. File explorer crashes.

File explorer crashes.: Hello! I hope your day is well, File explorer has been crashing for some strange reason. I could open file explorer, but I can not hover my mouse over a video file or open any subfolders without file explorer crashing. My screen would become black, and everything on the...
  4. File explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File explorer keeps crashing: Whenever I try to open either my C drive or my E drive within File Explorer, it always causes it to freeze up and temporarily make the screen go black. This also happens whenever I right-click it or when I try to open up Recycle Bin. Any tips on how to fix this?...
  5. Selecting a file crashes File Explorer

Selecting a file crashes File Explorer: I have a presentation to do tomorrow. Because I haven't paid for any Microsoft subscriptions, I've made my presentation using Google Slides. However, as a backup, I'm trying to save the file as a .pptx to have on a flashdrive should I not have access to the internet. Thing...
  6. OneDrive crashes File Explorer

OneDrive crashes File Explorer: In most ways, OneDrive seems to function normally. I can access documents on via my laptop, iOS app, internet browser, etc. On my PC, however, any attempt to access a OneDrive item through file explorer results in it freezing, (not responding), and then explorer crashes. I...
  7. File explorer crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer crash: I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have run all the updates. For the past couple of weeks, intermittently, but regularly, file explorer crashes when I am trying to save a document using the "save as" feature. This happens to Outlook, Adobe, downloads from my browser,...
  8. File Explorer Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crash: I can't open it and I can not do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/file-explorer-crash/c7cfbc10-affd-4e22-828f-d70429c6c910
  9. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Crashing: Hello, so i am trying to open file explorer on my laptop from the start menu and where it is pinned on the start menu. When i do this, file explorer opens for a couple of seconds and closes on both. When this happens, I also hear the hard drive make a noise inside. I can...
  10. file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer crashes: Hey guys, pretty new here.. Been trying all night to fix this but haven't had any luck so far. Couple problems that I'm pretty sure are related somehow? The first is that file explorer is constantly crashing. It crashes when I try to go to file explorer properties, and...