Windows 10: File explorer crashes.

Discus and support File explorer crashes. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I hope your day is well, File explorer has been crashing for some strange reason. I could open file explorer, but I can not hover my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HanRos3, May 25, 2019.

1. HanRos3 Win User

File explorer crashes.

Hello! I hope your day is well,

File explorer has been crashing for some strange reason. I could open file explorer, but I can not hover my mouse over a video file or open any subfolders without file explorer crashing. My screen would become black, and everything on the taskbar would refresh. I have also tried to open file explorer in Windows Safe Mode as well. I sadly got the same result. I have also looked on other forums posted on this website, trying what people have said worked for them, but the crashing still persisted. I hope someone could help me figure this out. I will attach a screencap of a problem report if anyone needs it.

Thank you!

File explorer crashes. 611580f1-790d-43da-ae1a-fd652b169b2d?upload=true.png

:)

HanRos3, May 25, 2019

2. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, May 25, 2019
  3. File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, May 25, 2019
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

File explorer crashes.

Windows explorer (File explorer) Keeps crashing

Hi,

For us to know more about this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages whenever the File Explorer crashes?
    • Are you experiencing other issues aside from this after the update?

We suggest that you check on this article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    and try to open the Windows File Explorer again. If the issue still persists, you can check on this

link
    and try the second method given by ThofikAhamad.

Let us know how it goes.

Jaune Bel, May 25, 2019
Thema:

File explorer crashes.

1. File explorer crashes. - Similar Threads - File explorer crashes

2. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashing: Hi team, so basically when I tried to play a video on my DVD File Explorer constantly keeps on crashing for some reason so I need sommeone to give me solutions to fix File Explorer from crashing...
  3. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Crashing: Hi team, so basically when I tried to play a video on my DVD File Explorer constantly keeps on crashing for some reason so I need sommeone to give me solutions to fix File Explorer from crashing...
  4. File Explorer crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crash: Hi,I have one of my collaborator that has a specific folder that crashes everytime he tries to research some files. The event log doesn't really help and I tried a lot of things.1. SFC /scannow > nothing changed 2. Clear registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
  5. File Explorer crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crash: Hi,I have one of my collaborator that has a specific folder that crashes everytime he tries to research some files. The event log doesn't really help and I tried a lot of things.1. SFC /scannow > nothing changed 2. Clear registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
  6. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashing: I open file explorer and it crashes going me error this app does not have a associted app with it.i do not under stand plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashing/ca7085d2-5df8-4328-9674-171c2ddf2192
  7. File Explorer Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crash: I was copying/cutting a file in folder by right-clicking. Windows Explorer froze a moment and then Taskbar icons disappeared momentarily and reappeared. I try use Ctrl + C/X and Ctrl + V, fortunately it worked....
  8. File Explore Crashing

File Explore Crashing: File Explorer keeps crashing on my computer. I don't why but it takes ages to get into my files. Could Microsoft and Windows I run Windows 10.0.18363 please fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-crashing/d58531cb-8fce-4e12-90a7-e239551f0a05
  9. Crashing file explorer

Crashing file explorer: Hi, recently i inserted an old DVD in my dvd drive and file explorer crashed when tried to view the contents.Thereafter every time anti malware service executable props up frequently in my task manager and the file explorer hangs and later crashes....
  10. file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer crashes: Hey guys, pretty new here.. Been trying all night to fix this but haven't had any luck so far. Couple problems that I'm pretty sure are related somehow? The first is that file explorer is constantly crashing. It crashes when I try to go to file explorer properties, and...