Windows 10: File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

Discus and support File Explorer Crashing Constantly help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don’t know why but my file explorer started crashing with no reason, i was playing a game then it started crashing. I tried to shut down my pc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by صالحالقحطاني2, May 11, 2022.

1. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

I don’t know why but my file explorer started crashing with no reason, i was playing a game then it started crashing. I tried to shut down my pc, restarting it but nothing works can anyone please help me there ?

:)

صالحالقحطاني2, May 11, 2022

2. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, May 11, 2022
  3. Gencijs Win User
    File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, May 11, 2022
  4. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

File Explorer constantly crashing on my laptop ever since upgrade to 8.1

hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern that File Explorer crashes when you try to access it on Windows 10 operating system. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error code/ error message when File Explorer crashes?
    • Have you check if this issue persists on Safe mode with Networking as well?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to diagnose what is causing the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to remove the external drivers and drive the below troubleshooting steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, restart the computer and try accessing File Explorer.

This will let us know if there are any corrupted System apart from external drivers causing this issue.

Step 2: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Method 2: Boot the device in Safe mode with Networking and perform Clean boot if the issue persists.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking, access File Explorer and check if the issue persists.

This will let us know if there are any Windows System files causing this issue as Safe mode will boot with minimal set of drivers and not all services will be enabled.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists in Safe mode,

Step 2: I suggest you to perform Clean boot
    to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 11, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

1. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help - Similar Threads - File Explorer Crashing

2. Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.: This started last night and whenever I open file explorer and go to click on anything the window looks like down below. I have tried the followingclearing explorer cache the Cachesfc /scannow,repairing via powershell.restarting my PCuninstalling a recent windows...
  3. Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.: This started last night and whenever I open file explorer and go to click on anything the window looks like down below. I have tried the followingclearing explorer cache the Cachesfc /scannow,repairing via powershell.restarting my PCuninstalling a recent windows...
  4. Windows Explorer crash constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  5. Windows Explorer crash constantly

Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  6. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashing Constantly help: I don’t know why but my file explorer started crashing with no reason, i was playing a game then it started crashing. I tried to shut down my pc, restarting it but nothing works can anyone please help me there ?...
  7. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

File Explorer Crashing Constantly help: I don’t know why but my file explorer started crashing with no reason, i was playing a game then it started crashing. I tried to shut down my pc, restarting it but nothing works can anyone please help me there ?...
  8. Windows Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer constantly crashing: Hi all, I've been dealing with a problem of Explorer constantly crashing for the last day or two - if I attempt to open any file or folder within explorer, or a folder opens and it attempts to load information on that file, Windows Explorer crashes. If I attempt to right...
  9. File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly: File Explorer has started crashing the last few days and it's driving me up the wall. It hangs, then a progress bar starts creeping up the file location box, until everything disappears. During this process the pointer is a spinning blue circle and I can't click anywhere else...
  10. File Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer constantly crashing: I am having a problem with file explorer constantly crashing. If I click on the icon in the toolbar, file explorer will open, it will say "working on it," but then it crashes, the screen flashes, and it goes back to the desktop. If I try to open a folder on the desktop, it...