Windows 10: File explorer crashing every other time I use it

Discus and support File explorer crashing every other time I use it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a few weeks now. I use it to upload something, or just open it to use the files directly, and before it even loads anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ameliaizbereg, Dec 8, 2020.

1. File explorer crashing every other time I use it

I've had this problem for a few weeks now. I use it to upload something, or just open it to use the files directly, and before it even loads anything it freezes and goes white. The only way to fix this is to close it, which takes multiple seconds and sometimes even requires hitting a "close program" option in a special prompt box (not the normal one). Is there a way to fix this? I tried clearing File Explorer's history but it didn't work. It shows up in the problem reports app but all it says is "A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows." How can i fix this?

submitted by /u/ameliaizbereg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ameliaizbereg, Dec 8, 2020

2. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Gencijs Win User
    File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Dec 8, 2020
  4. File explorer crashing every other time I use it

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

File explorer crashing every other time I use it

1. File explorer crashing every other time I use it - Similar Threads - File explorer crashing

2. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it: Specifically, the operation gets stuck when I try to move it to another folder, it does nothing when I try to delete it, freezes the window when I try to delete it, and fails to open. What do I do?...
  3. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it: Specifically, the operation gets stuck when I try to move it to another folder, it does nothing when I try to delete it, freezes the window when I try to delete it, and fails to open. What do I do?...
  4. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer buffers every time I open a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer buffers every time I open a file: Not sure if anyone's had this issue before, everything on my PC is working fine but any time I open any folder in file explorer it buffers for a couple seconds before opening the file. I've tried restarting folder explorer from task manager, clearing caches, cleaning up my C...
  6. File Explorer buffers every time I open a file

File Explorer buffers every time I open a file: Not sure if anyone's had this issue before, everything on my PC is working fine but any time I open any folder in file explorer it buffers for a couple seconds before opening the file. I've tried restarting folder explorer from task manager, clearing caches, cleaning up my C...
  7. right click in file explorer crashes every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click in file explorer crashes every time: When ever I right click in File Explorer it crashes and closes windows Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-in-file-explorer-crashes-every-time/670421da-e1ae-4771-9dd5-f70bbdcee6c5
  8. right click in file explorer crashes every time

right click in file explorer crashes every time: When ever I right click in File Explorer it crashes and closes windows Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-in-file-explorer-crashes-every-time/670421da-e1ae-4771-9dd5-f70bbdcee6c5
  9. My windows explorer crash every time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows explorer crash every time.: My windows 11 windows explorer crash every time. When i close any windows and edge browser its suddenly crash and restart again. what is the solution for that error. I have full updated system OS build ---22621.1485 Version---22H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  10. Explorer crashes every time I right click an .ISO file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer crashes every time I right click an .ISO file: I had some old dvd I turned to ISO files. Some time ago I upgraded to win 10 and hadn't tried to open any .iso files. Yesterdey, while trying to open an ISO file, as soon as I right clicked it, explorer crashes and restarts. This is happening for any iso file I try right...