Windows 10: file explorer crashing in loop

Discus and support file explorer crashing in loop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so my explorer.exe is just crashing in a loop i cant click on my task bar or desktop because it'll blink to black every few seconds. ive tried dism.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rubber_toe, Feb 15, 2020.

1. file explorer crashing in loop

so my explorer.exe is just crashing in a loop i cant click on my task bar or desktop because it'll blink to black every few seconds.

ive tried dism. all i can do at this point is open task manager cant access cmd or files because they just close also cant click on start without having to click as an icon as fast as possible before it restart from crash. i havent found anything in the forums and i desperately need help PLS.

:)

rubber_toe, Feb 15, 2020

2. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Gencijs Win User
    File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Feb 15, 2020
  4. file explorer crashing in loop

File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

file explorer crashing in loop

1. file explorer crashing in loop - Similar Threads - file explorer crashing

2. Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll: I'm having recurring issues which cause explorer.exe to crash. Problem details are:So far I have tried the following:- Booted into safe mode, confirmed fine issue persists in safe mode with networking- Updated graphics driver as well as others seemed to fix the issue briefly,...
  3. Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll: I'm having recurring issues which cause explorer.exe to crash. Problem details are:So far I have tried the following:- Booted into safe mode, confirmed fine issue persists in safe mode with networking- Updated graphics driver as well as others seemed to fix the issue briefly,...
  4. Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop: Hello, Today I had a 0.5 second power outage that caused my PC to restart. Since then every time I start Windows Explorer keeps crashing every second, task bar is blinking, not responding and the only way I can run anything is by using process manager and starting everything...
  6. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop: Hello, Today I had a 0.5 second power outage that caused my PC to restart. Since then every time I start Windows Explorer keeps crashing every second, task bar is blinking, not responding and the only way I can run anything is by using process manager and starting everything...
  7. Explorer stuck in a crash/restart loop

8. explorer crash loop

explorer crash loop: Everytime I start my computer, I get a windows explrorer crash loop, it crashes, restarts and crashes again every few seconds. It stops after about 10 minutes and then starts normally.I have tried sfc and dism. I have tried clean boot and it still happened, in safe mode it...
  9. Desktop/File Explorer Crash Loop after Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop/File Explorer Crash Loop after Login: Had this issue after the Nov update and was able to uninstall the offending update and disable for a month, but now I'm forced to download it and same issue is back. On start-up, logging into windows takes longer than usual. Once the desktop shows up, there is no wallpaper...
  10. Stuck in explorer crash loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in explorer crash loop: Hello! Today, out of nowhere, I started having problems with explorer. When right-clicking on the desktop (or icons on it) explorer would crash and restart itself a few seconds later (icons disappear, taskbar disappears, etc...). I looked for a solution online and many...