Windows 10: File Explorer crashing, not showing icons etc

Discus and support File Explorer crashing, not showing icons etc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; You name it, it's happening with File Explorer. I have run sfc/scannow and all the DISM commands I can find. I have restarted explorer, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Olive11251, Sep 29, 2020.

1. File Explorer crashing, not showing icons etc

You name it, it's happening with File Explorer.

I have run sfc/scannow and all the DISM commands I can find. I have restarted explorer, I have deleted the cache and I have run windows UPDATE not to change file and data and still no resolve.

Are you serious right now that there is no fix? There are so many people reporting the same problem and still no fix.

When it crashes it also knocks out my task bar to the right icons. They are still running but the icons disappear. I have run every test I can think of. Other than a OS reinstall what am I missing?

:)

Olive11251, Sep 29, 2020

2. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 29, 2020
  3. JCherner Win User
    File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Sep 29, 2020
  4. File Explorer crashing, not showing icons etc

file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer crashing, not showing icons etc

1. File Explorer crashing, not showing icons etc - Similar Threads - File Explorer crashing

2. In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...: Hello,In File Explorer, I usually enable the option to "Always show icons, never thumbnails", as I prefer a cleaner look when browsing my files/folders. However, I noticed when I do this, I am unable to see previews of images, such as screenshots .png, in the File Explorer...
  3. In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...: Hello,In File Explorer, I usually enable the option to "Always show icons, never thumbnails", as I prefer a cleaner look when browsing my files/folders. However, I noticed when I do this, I am unable to see previews of images, such as screenshots .png, in the File Explorer...
  4. Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedPlammer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wmskhz/not_showing_desktop_folder_icon_in_file_explorer/
  5. File explorer showing strange "drawer" icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer showing strange "drawer" icon: I have 3-4 files uploaded to a cloud, but i cant seem to get to open or move/copy those files.All the files have this little weird icon, what does the icon mean?As seen in the attached picture, two out of the three files show this icon.Any help is greatly appreciated!...
  6. File explorer showing strange "drawer" icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer showing strange "drawer" icon: I have 3-4 files uploaded to a cloud, but i cant seem to get to open or move/copy those files.All the files have this little weird icon, what does the icon mean?As seen in the attached picture, two out of the three files show this icon.Any help is greatly appreciated!...
  7. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not showing Extra large icons: Hi, File Explorer not showing Extra large icons? Any help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-extra-large-icons/9172bd32-da5f-44bf-ba56-4395199ce0f7
  8. Explorer Files and folders crashing and not showing Icons

Explorer Files and folders crashing and not showing Icons: A. When searching no images show just icons B. Crashes when searching or coping files over C. Won't respond. I have run scf/scannow no errors, I have run ever DISM tool I can find, again, no errors. I have done a clean boot, and again no change. I have reset the files...
  9. MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer

MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer: Some of my MP4 files are not showing the correct movie-type of icon in Windows Explorer. This is when viewing the folder using icons of any size. If I switch to Details view then it shows correctly as a movie file. NB I think this seems to only happen with VERTICAL MP4...
  10. Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc: I TRIED EVERY STUPID THING IN THE ENTIRE INTERNET. - Right CLick refresh on desktop (no) - Delete icon cache and every IconCache.db ****. (no) - revamp the last WIN Update (didnt worked) - installed the latest update (didnt work) - use "cleanmgr.exe" to remove...