Windows 10: File Explorer crashing when moving files

Discus and support File Explorer crashing when moving files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File explorer keeps on crashing when I move files. I've tried the clean boot already, and it didn't work. This was the info I got about the problem:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by talaxiii, Feb 14, 2021.

1. talaxiii Win User

File Explorer crashing when moving files

File explorer keeps on crashing when I move files.

I've tried the clean boot already, and it didn't work.

This was the info I got about the problem:

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Explorer.EXE
    Application Version: 10.0.18362.1350
    Application Timestamp: 15a61049
    Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.1350
    Fault Module Timestamp: 9ccf9e81
    Exception Code: c000041d
    Exception Offset: 0000000000043b29
    OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.100
    Locale ID: 13321
    Additional Information 1: cfae
    Additional Information 2: cfae9ff84dc98fc5b04888e9f081b7c0
    Additional Information 3: bf03
    Additional Information 4: bf03b8aa62340f25f429bd1ebd0a635c

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 73cffc08e8d80883e6d90211497607ad 1646349412050798509

:)

talaxiii, Feb 14, 2021

2. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Feb 14, 2021
  3. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Feb 14, 2021
  4. File Explorer crashing when moving files

File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer crashing when moving files

1. File Explorer crashing when moving files - Similar Threads - File Explorer crashing

2. Windows File Explorer freezes when moving files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer freezes when moving files: Hi, Windows File Explorer keeps freezing when I try moving files out of a folder. The Mouse with the file which is beeing dragged stops right at the corner of the Explorer window and the File Explorer gets overlayed grey program has stopped working for a few seconds up to...
  3. Windows File Explorer freezes when moving files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer freezes when moving files: Hi, Windows File Explorer keeps freezing when I try moving files out of a folder. The Mouse with the file which is beeing dragged stops right at the corner of the Explorer window and the File Explorer gets overlayed grey program has stopped working for a few seconds up to...
  4. File explorer crashing on windows 11 when renaming, moving or deleting PDF files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crashing on windows 11 when renaming, moving or deleting PDF files: I have windows 11 and everytime I want to rename, delete or move a pdf file, my file explorer crashes. What is the cause and how can I fix? The only way i found around moving and renaming is by opening the pdf in microsoft edge and saving as a new file, which creates...
  5. File explore keeps crashing will move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explore keeps crashing will move files: File explore keeps crashing will move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-keeps-crashing-will-move-files/45397164-6893-4315-9cec-f5937e17c943
  6. File explore keeps crashing will move files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explore keeps crashing will move files: File explore keeps crashing will move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-keeps-crashing-will-move-files/45397164-6893-4315-9cec-f5937e17c943
  7. if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt?: i was copying a metric ton of files and i absentmindedly quit explorer for another thing i was doing, would unexpectedly ending the copying process make a corrupt half copied file or does it recognize that it's a incomplete file and only mark it as complete as the last thing...
  8. Windows Explorer crashes when moving/opening files

Windows Explorer crashes when moving/opening files: Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble opening and files in windows explorer. Nearly every time I try to open or move a file, the folder it is in stops responding and eventually causes Windows Explorer to crash. With small files or at certain times, it doesn't happen. But it...
  9. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer: Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box. Thank you 70147
  10. File Explorer crash when selecting files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crash when selecting files: Hi Guys, I have encountered this problem (in thread line) for the past 3-5 days and I have come no closer to any solution during that period of time. Basically, as soon as I left click or right click on a file in Windows Explorer it will crash. My Windows icon in the...