Windows 10: File Explorer Crashing

Discus and support File Explorer Crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, so i am trying to open file explorer on my laptop from the start menu and where it is pinned on the start menu. When i do this, file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Davnav899, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Davnav899 Win User

File Explorer Crashing

Hello, so i am trying to open file explorer on my laptop from the start menu and where it is pinned on the start menu. When i do this, file explorer opens for a couple of seconds and closes on both. When this happens, I also hear the hard drive make a noise inside. I can however access my files through a different dirrectory such a a C:/ shortcut i have on my desktop. I have an Asus GL752. I dont know what is causing this but any help is greatly appreciated.
    Update: so, it only closes when i try to open quick access within file explorer
    Update#2: i fixed it, i had to open file explorer where it didnt open to quick access, go to file, and folder options and clear file explorer history

:)

Davnav899, Jul 28, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jul 28, 2016
  3. StuMac52 Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing and Restarting On All 4 Of My Computers

I began using Explorer++ because File Explorer is near unusable. Unfortunately, it wasn't perfect either because it still caused explorer to crash when Explorer++ would use File Explorer or shell functions. When I did a re-install of Windows 10, I did not
    install Explorer++ until File Explorer started failing. For test purposes, I've delete Explorer++ it and cleaned up the registry (there's no install/uninstall app).

When I open "Recent Items" in %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows, explorer crashes.

In Safe Mode, opening Recent Items does not cause explorer to crash however, it still crashes when creation a folder and still shows double libraries etc.

StuMac52, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

File Explorer Crashing

1. File Explorer Crashing - Similar Threads - File Explorer Crashing

2. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashing: Hi team, so basically when I tried to play a video on my DVD File Explorer constantly keeps on crashing for some reason so I need sommeone to give me solutions to fix File Explorer from crashing...
  3. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Crashing: Hi team, so basically when I tried to play a video on my DVD File Explorer constantly keeps on crashing for some reason so I need sommeone to give me solutions to fix File Explorer from crashing...
  4. File Explorer crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crash: Hi,I have one of my collaborator that has a specific folder that crashes everytime he tries to research some files. The event log doesn't really help and I tried a lot of things.1. SFC /scannow > nothing changed 2. Clear registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
  5. File Explorer crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crash: Hi,I have one of my collaborator that has a specific folder that crashes everytime he tries to research some files. The event log doesn't really help and I tried a lot of things.1. SFC /scannow > nothing changed 2. Clear registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
  6. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashing: I open file explorer and it crashes going me error this app does not have a associted app with it.i do not under stand plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashing/ca7085d2-5df8-4328-9674-171c2ddf2192
  7. File Explorer Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crash: I was copying/cutting a file in folder by right-clicking. Windows Explorer froze a moment and then Taskbar icons disappeared momentarily and reappeared. I try use Ctrl + C/X and Ctrl + V, fortunately it worked....
  8. File Explore Crashing

File Explore Crashing: File Explorer keeps crashing on my computer. I don't why but it takes ages to get into my files. Could Microsoft and Windows I run Windows 10.0.18363 please fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-crashing/d58531cb-8fce-4e12-90a7-e239551f0a05
  9. Crashing file explorer

Crashing file explorer: Hi, recently i inserted an old DVD in my dvd drive and file explorer crashed when tried to view the contents.Thereafter every time anti malware service executable props up frequently in my task manager and the file explorer hangs and later crashes....
  10. file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer crashes: Hey guys, pretty new here.. Been trying all night to fix this but haven't had any luck so far. Couple problems that I'm pretty sure are related somehow? The first is that file explorer is constantly crashing. It crashes when I try to go to file explorer properties, and...