Windows 10: File Explorer Custom Layout

Discus and support File Explorer Custom Layout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I hope you're all well! Does anyone know if it would be possible to mod or create a script for file explorer to start a custom process when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by new11, Aug 20, 2021.

1. new11 Win User

File Explorer Custom Layout

Hey guys, I hope you're all well! Does anyone know if it would be possible to mod or create a script for file explorer to start a custom process when clicking and opening a drive. For example, when I open drive E:/, I would like three explorer windows to open. 1 in the top right corner, 1 in the bottom right corner and 1 on the left side of the screen. Preferably using the stock file explorer. Many thanks in advance! File Explorer Custom Layout :) Cheers Win10Pro V21H1

:)

new11, Aug 20, 2021

2. avoid unintentionally deletion at File Explorer

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

You may follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Select view tab in the file ribbon.

3. In the layout section, select list.

4. Now check if the files in the folders change to list.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Aug 20, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Problem with Windows 10 File Explorer View Layout box

Hi Bruce,

A corrupted system files is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues with with the View Layout box on the File Explorer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you run the System File Checker
    tool and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool to scan and correct any issues. System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in tool in the operating system. SFC checks for system file corruption. Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    (DISM) is a command-line tool that can be used to service a Windows image or to prepare a Windows Preinstallation Environment image. Kindly follow the steps in this

Forum Article
    that was posted by ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP) to perform SFC and DISM.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Aug 20, 2021
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer Custom Layout - Similar Threads - File Explorer Custom

2. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  3. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  4. File Explorer Sort Customization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sort Customization: How do u sort files on windows explorer ? I mean putting them in a certain order other than the normal. like if I want a certain file to be on top that's alphabetically coming second or to the bottom. Changing the order and moving files or folders in the hierarchyHow can I do...
  5. File Explorer Sort Customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Sort Customization: How do u sort files on windows explorer ? I mean putting them in a certain order other than the normal. like if I want a certain file to be on top that's alphabetically coming second or to the bottom. Changing the order and moving files or folders in the hierarchyHow can I do...
  6. New file explorer layout

New file explorer layout: I don't know why but now my file explorer is weirdly laid out. I put it to default and now it's like this I didn't know windows had changed the default look but I liked the old one better. Also my drive folder which is the Acer C: folder has disappeared is there any reason...
  7. Custom keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom keyboard layout?: Does anyone know of an easy way to make a custom keyboard layout for windows 10? When searching, I've seen that Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 has limited compatibility with Windows 10, but it's no longer available for download as far as I've seen. Any good...
  8. Layout Of File Explorer

Layout Of File Explorer: I have just converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In W7 I had File Explorer laid out with two panes. On the left were frequently used files, on the right currently actives files and folders. This was really convenient. When I first started to use FE in Windows 10, this...
  9. Customizing the Start Layout file.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing the Start Layout file.: Hello guys, hoping for a bit of assistance. We have Windows 10 1809 build LTSC, which I am currently writing policies for. One of the policies is customizing the start layout - specifically pinning items to the task bar. I want to keep the start menu free of any live tiles,...
  10. Customize File Explorer look

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize File Explorer look: How do I customize my File Explorer so that it appears like my Computer? 56083