Windows 10: File explorer custom searching

Discus and support File explorer custom searching in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the search box in file explorer you can type date: or datemodified or size and you're supposed to get a GUI / calendar where you can specify dates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChrisPbass, Nov 17, 2020.

1. File explorer custom searching

In the search box in file explorer you can type date: or datemodified or size and you're supposed to get a GUI / calendar where you can specify dates, size etc...

I get nothing...I cannot bring up anything of the modifiers. If i search for a word or a *.* I get results but I cannot get a date or date modified or any other query modifier to come up.

:)

ChrisPbass, Nov 17, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Nov 17, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 17, 2020
  4. File explorer custom searching

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

File explorer custom searching

1. File explorer custom searching - Similar Threads - File explorer custom

2. File Explorer Sort Customization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sort Customization: How do u sort files on windows explorer ? I mean putting them in a certain order other than the normal. like if I want a certain file to be on top that's alphabetically coming second or to the bottom. Changing the order and moving files or folders in the hierarchyHow can I do...
  3. File Explorer Sort Customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Sort Customization: How do u sort files on windows explorer ? I mean putting them in a certain order other than the normal. like if I want a certain file to be on top that's alphabetically coming second or to the bottom. Changing the order and moving files or folders in the hierarchyHow can I do...
  4. File Explorer Sort Customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Custom Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Custom Layout: Hey guys, I hope you're all well! Does anyone know if it would be possible to mod or create a script for file explorer to start a custom process when clicking and opening a drive. For example, when I open drive E:/, I would like three explorer windows to open. 1 in the top...
  6. Are there custom themes for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there custom themes for File Explorer?: I think the current file explorer looks extremely dated. I heard about a new version coming with 2004 but alas, nothing. So is it possible to find custom themes/skins only for the file explorer? :) submitted by /u/NZ9_001 [link] [comments]...
  7. File Explorer customized format

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer customized format: I would like to always have my File Explorer window open with the This PC section expanded and everything else (such as Quick Access or One Drive) not expanded. I know it will open the way you leave it when you close it, but isn't there a registry change or group policy to...
  8. Customize File Explorer Search Default Columns

Customize File Explorer Search Default Columns: Long time lurker, first post in this forum. First Let me say hello and thanks to Brink and other contributors for all the great tips and tricks, I've used a ton of them since sevenforums.com and now tenforums.com. Last year I moved from win7 to win 10 with a new laptop and...
  9. Customize File Explorer look

Customize File Explorer look: How do I customize my File Explorer so that it appears like my Computer? 56083
  10. Customize Windows 10 File Explorer search result columns

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize Windows 10 File Explorer search result columns: How do I customize search result columns in File Explorer? For example, I would always like to see the Date Created column in all my searches. I have tried using tips for earlier Windows versions, but Windows 10 seems to have disabled the "Apply to Folders" button in the View...