Windows 10: file explorer - date shows correctly but time appears in chinese.

Discus and support file explorer - date shows correctly but time appears in chinese. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can I chg a setting to bring back engllsh time? Or is this a computer virus?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertMaisen, Apr 28, 2020.

1. file explorer - date shows correctly but time appears in chinese.

Can I chg a setting to bring back engllsh time? Or is this a computer virus?

:)

RobertMaisen, Apr 28, 2020

2. file explorer shows created date not updated date.

Today, I went to Microsoft file explorer and sorted a list of files by date.

Imagine my horror when I saw that they were all old files.

In fact, the problem is that the date displayed is created date, and not updated date.

This is the first time that I have observed this - it has worked OK in the past.

GrahamDLovell, Apr 28, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond file explorer - date shows correctly but time appears in chinese. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 28, 2020
  4. file explorer - date shows correctly but time appears in chinese.

Chinese characters suddenly appeared in my time & date screen and dont know how to remove

Hello

I'm Peter F independent Advisor

Check this in setting

Settings.

Select Time & language.

select Additional date, time, & regional settings.

select Language.

select Change date, time, or number formats.

click the drop-down arrow for Format.

Select the desired language.

Click OK.

Set the language again

Settings.

Select Time & language.

Language > Add language and select your language

Example Egnlish,

Also, check if the Chinese are added in this list or is the principal one.

if the issue persists

Goi to Settings

Time & Language

Show other calendars in the taskbar

set to Chinese lunar.

Change it to Don't show other calendars

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

file explorer - date shows correctly but time appears in chinese.

1. file explorer - date shows correctly but time appears in chinese. - Similar Threads - file explorer date

2. Date and time not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date and time not showing: How do I get the date and time to display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-not-showing/fa606cf8-f9e6-418f-8504-951cc36b20c0
  3. Date and time not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date and time not showing: How do I get the date and time to display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-not-showing/fa606cf8-f9e6-418f-8504-951cc36b20c0
  4. Date and time not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows explorer date and time do not match the date and time in the file properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer date and time do not match the date and time in the file properties.: I have been capturing video using elgato video capture. The clips save to one directory. When I look at the directory entry for a video capture file it is showing a time 5 hours in the future. The file properties show the correct date and time. Windows date and time are...
  6. Windows explorer date and time do not match the date and time in the file properties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer date and time do not match the date and time in the file properties.: I have been capturing video using elgato video capture. The clips save to one directory. When I look at the directory entry for a video capture file it is showing a time 5 hours in the future. The file properties show the correct date and time. Windows date and time are...
  7. Files date and time not correct.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files date and time not correct.: [ATTACH] How can the date modified be tomorrow morning? Did windows become psychic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-date-and-time-not-correct/6c22a230-1476-4dac-9bb0-487929b285ea"
  8. Time Not Showing Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Time Not Showing Correctly: Since last 2 days, windows time is 6 hours behind then the exact current time. I have to set enable and disable "Set time automatically" to fix this issue, but now everytime I have to follow the same step. What should I do, please help*Sad 63899
  9. How to show each time in File explorer the date created

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show each time in File explorer the date created: How to show each time in File explorer the date created. Under the seach box, you can right to choose wish column you want to show. I often choose to add date created. But each time I have to go right click it, and choose it over and over. Is it not a way to do it...
  10. Time correct but date often wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    Time correct but date often wrong: I have a brand-new computer with a clean install of Win 10 which I've been using for about 10 days now. While the system time is always correct, every couple of days when I boot the system the date will be off by a day or two, usually ahead. I have reset the date in the BIOS...