Windows 10: File Explorer: Date

Discus and support File Explorer: Date in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In File Explorer what does Date mean in comparison to Date Modified or Date Created? What date information does it provide? It is the default date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianHeeney, May 7, 2020.

1. File Explorer: Date

In File Explorer what does Date mean in comparison to Date Modified or Date Created? What date information does it provide? It is the default date format listed.

:)

BrianHeeney, May 7, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

File Explorer Date Created and Modified not always correct

Hi,

The File Explorer may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to start with initial troubleshooting, we'd like to know more information, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • In File Explorer, what does it indicate in the Date column? Does it show Date Modified or Date Created? (right click the Date Modified section at the top, which are the ones that has a checkmark?)
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 7, 2020
  3. How to not separate pictures and videos in File Explorer?

Hi.

If Date Modified doesn't show on the options when you choose Sort by, we suggest that you perform this steps:

• In File Explorer, select the folder you want to have changes with.
    • Right-click and select Sort by.
    • Select More, then check if the Date modified option has a check mark.
    • Click OK, then try to perform again the steps provided by Acelyn Alc.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, May 7, 2020
  4. File Explorer: Date

File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, May 7, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer: Date

1. File Explorer: Date - Similar Threads - File Explorer Date

2. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  3. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  4. Friendly dates in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Friendly dates in File Explorer: I have two laptops running the same latest updated version of Window 10. On one, all my File Explorer dates are in the newer "Friendly Dates" format introduced with, I believe, 1903, while the other uses the older style file date format. Neither one shows the "Use Friendly...
  5. File Explorer Search Date Limited

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search Date Limited: I have updated to Windows 10 Ver. 2004. Ever since the update the search feature of File Explorer is acting weird. I have a folder with folders and files dating back to 2007. When I do a search for Adobe PDF files (there are hundreds going back to 2007) I only get the PDF...
  6. Date Modified in File Explorer

Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  7. File Explorer Date Sort Issue

File Explorer Date Sort Issue: Hi - I am having a File Explorer sorting issue with picture files. I click on the Created column heading to sort by Date, and it is not sorting by newest to oldest, or oldest to newest. Am I doing something wrong? When sorting by newest date, November 2018 files are shown...
  8. File Explorer sort by date not accurate

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer sort by date not accurate: To my knowledge the SORT BY DATE order goes off the last Saved Date not the Created Date but for the life of me I've been getting things showing up in the wrong order occasionally and it's started effecting a syncing program that I use. My clock is set correctly and when I go...
  9. Explorer doesn't change file dates

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer doesn't change file dates: My Windows Explorer doesn't change the file dates for some files after they have been modified. It is a property of the file: some consistently change while others consistently stay the same. Refresh does not help. It looks like there are two file dates as I can see the...
  10. File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?: The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one? I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems that here it's Date created? Several re-saves have left 'Date' unchanged. [img] -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 71495