Windows 10: File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening...

Discus and support File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am experiencing a problem with File Explorer timing when trying to open files that are located in external servers e.g. iCloud, OneDrive. Local drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LukeW_74, May 4, 2021.

1. LukeW_74 Win User

File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening...

I am experiencing a problem with File Explorer timing when trying to open files that are located in external servers e.g. iCloud, OneDrive. Local drive files are, as you would expect, unaffected. I'm running Windows 10 Home + O365.Interestingly, the same issue does not occur if I open the same files from within Office apps e.g. Word, PPT, Excel. So dcomcnfg is working, just not when activated through File Explorer.I suspect that there is some sort of File Explorer specific dcomcnfg application extension that is preventing timely external server validation, but I cannot find any

:)

LukeW_74, May 4, 2021
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 4, 2021
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening... :)

jaydeee, May 4, 2021
  4. Tintai Win User

File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening...

Exe file slow to open

I know it's 1GB. I tested this on Win Explorer and Total Com.
    For example 250MB file is opened in ~5 seconds.

@edit: I turned off the pagefile but it don't work.

Tintai, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening... - Similar Threads - File Explorer DCom

2. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  3. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  4. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file: Hi there - I have an issue where windows explorer whites out and freezes and creates an endlessly swirling blue circle every time I try to open an excel file on my laptop.I thought it might be an account issue but if I open the Excel application not a file it opens fine and I...
  6. Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file: Hi there - I have an issue where windows explorer whites out and freezes and creates an endlessly swirling blue circle every time I try to open an excel file on my laptop.I thought it might be an account issue but if I open the Excel application not a file it opens fine and I...
  7. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  8. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  9. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. File explorer issue when opening a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer issue when opening a folder: This is driving me mad. I have a folder within my Pictures folder named Funny. I save all kinds of funny pics and videos in there. The issue: When I open the Funny folder, it always defaults to a view of the middle section of the files, then after a second or so, it goes to...