Windows 10: File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening...

Discus and support File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am experiencing a problem with File Explorer timing when trying to open files that are located in external servers e.g. iCloud, OneDrive. Local drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LukeW_74, May 4, 2021 at 8:27 PM.

1. LukeW_74 Win User

File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening...

I am experiencing a problem with File Explorer timing when trying to open files that are located in external servers e.g. iCloud, OneDrive. Local drive files are, as you would expect, unaffected. I'm running Windows 10 Home + O365.Interestingly, the same issue does not occur if I open the same files from within Office apps e.g. Word, PPT, Excel. So dcomcnfg is working, just not when activated through File Explorer.I suspect that there is some sort of File Explorer specific dcomcnfg application extension that is preventing timely external server validation, but I cannot find any

:)

2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening... :)

4. Tintai Win User

File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening...

Exe file slow to open

I know it's 1GB. I tested this on Win Explorer and Total Com.
    For example 250MB file is opened in ~5 seconds.

@edit: I turned off the pagefile but it don't work.

Thema:

1. File Explorer DCom timing out when opening files, but issue does not occur when opening... - Similar Threads - File Explorer DCom

2. File explorer issue when opening a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer issue when opening a folder: This is driving me mad. I have a folder within my Pictures folder named Funny. I save all kinds of funny pics and videos in there. The issue: When I open the Funny folder, it always defaults to a view of the middle section of the files, then after a second or so, it goes to...
  3. File Explorer keeps hanging when it opens

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps hanging when it opens: File Explorer keeps hanging when launching or when resizing the window. Some times it will un-hang by itself after a while if left alone, otherwise it will crash. I had an issue where Windows applications such as Task Manager or Settings where taking too long to launch from...
  4. Explorer hangs when opening a zip file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer hangs when opening a zip file: It typically remains unresponsive for 5-10 seconds until it finally display the contents of the zip file. Extracting files is also relatively slow. This is on a i7-U6500 with 16 GB LPDDR3 laptop, so that should not be the problem. I have no add-ons or extensions to Explorer...
  5. Windows File Explorer really slow when opening a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer really slow when opening a file: Hello, recently my Windows File Explorer has been really slow. Whenever I open a file or open File Explorer it freezes for about 10-20 seconds. After that it works just fine and I can navigate to any file I want, it's only when I open up a file from my desktop or try to open...
  6. File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer opens when I try to open CMD: The title is pretty self-explanatory but I'll repeat it. When I type cmd in the windows search bar I get a small window that pops down really quick. After that file explorer opens up. when I press WIN+R and type in CMD it does the same. When I open cmd with powershell I do...
  7. White flash when opening File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    White flash when opening File Explorer: 3f_Cyd86lu4 Whenever I open This PC (File Explorer), I see a momentary white window before it loads in dark mode. Never had this problem before. Recently, I was trying to remove some leftover files from the registry and I think after that, this has started to happen. I...
  8. File Explorer opens but does not function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer opens but does not function: I have all the current Windows 10 Home 64-bit updates. File Explorer opens with its main screen but no files are listed in the main file listing window. Instead the message 'working on it' appears t the top of the Window and the spinning blue disc spins away. None of the...
  9. Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer: So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash? 56915
  10. File explorer will not open when set to This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer will not open when set to This PC: Either from a shortcut or a taskbar icon, File Explorer will not open to This PC. When I change to Quick access it opens. A shortcut to any folder will open to This PC. I suspect this has to do with a recent update (KB3140741). I can live with the situation as I normally use...