Windows 10: File Explorer defaults to OneDrive. I want it to default to my desktop.

Discus and support File Explorer defaults to OneDrive. I want it to default to my desktop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't want to stop saving my files to OneDrive, I just want to stop File Explorer defaulting to OneDrive instead of my desktop whenever I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pjwest, Jul 10, 2021.

1. pjwest Win User

File Explorer defaults to OneDrive. I want it to default to my desktop.

I don't want to stop saving my files to OneDrive, I just want to stop File Explorer defaulting to OneDrive instead of my desktop whenever I want to open a file. There is no Auto Save in OneDrive Settings, so I don't see how I can change it, except by disabling OneDrive which I don't want to do.

:)

pjwest, Jul 10, 2021

2. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Is there a way to make OneDrive the default for searches in File Explorer?

* Original Title: OneDrive search

Is there a way to make OneDrive the default for searches in File Explorer? Whenever I open File Explorer, it automatically goes to Quick Access which I think is pretty useless since
    it only has recent files and folders. I've got OneDrive set up as the default to save to, but I can't figure out how to do it for searches.

isitjuneyet, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Vivian_S Win User

OneDrive defaults

Hi Philip,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to change the backup settings for your OneDrive from the default settings.

During Windows 10 setup, you should have seen a “Back up your files with OneDrive” screen telling you about the benefits of saving your files to OneDrive. If you clicked Next, you set up OneDrive as your default save location.

However, you can go ahead and change the default save behavior. You can refer to steps mentioned in

Files save to OneDrive by default in Windows 10

We do have dedicated support team for OneDrive and
    you can get in touch with them for further assistance. Please follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser or Open OneDrive App, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer defaults to OneDrive. I want it to default to my desktop. - Similar Threads - File Explorer defaults

2. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  3. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  4. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Default file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default file explorer: I recently downloaded an app called "Files" from the Microsoft Store and It's exactly like the file explorer but just more modern, although when I go to open a folder from my desktop, my laptop still opens it with the default Windows 10 file explorer. Is there a way to change...
  6. Change the default file explorer

Change the default file explorer: I recently downloaded “files” from windows store, its a more modern and simple file explorer. Is it a way to change the default file explorer? submitted by /u/CandidSchedule1281 [link] [comments]...
  7. Changing default File Explorer.

Changing default File Explorer.: How can I change the default File Explorer in Windows 10? The legacy Explorer takes too long to load some files in a folder, so I'm using an alternative (Files UWP Preview). It's better, load times are shorter so I've decided to change the default explorer to Files UWP (if...
  8. File Explorer Default settings

File Explorer Default settings: When I open File Explorer for the first time I want to control what it displays. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-default-settings/bab1ad48-2bd1-44ca-bc3c-03b61bd46647
  9. Default File Explorer

Default File Explorer: Hello! There is a secret file explorer menu in windows and I want to use it as my default because I like the design. Any tips to make it the default file explorer on my system? submitted by /u/Lackmey [link] [comments]...
  10. OneDrive defaults

OneDrive defaults: Hi. My new laptop was set up so that I did not have any files on my c drive at all- everything is in integral to OneDrive which I don't want. I would prefer to back up and archive onto OneDrive as I had on my old laptop which worked fine where I had distinct hard drive...