Windows 10: File Explorer deleting all properties when trying to edit 1 attribute.

Discus and support File Explorer deleting all properties when trying to edit 1 attribute. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I stop file explorer from deleting all of the properties ID when editing or adding another attribute to a mp3 file?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by markhearne1, Nov 11, 2018.

1. File Explorer deleting all properties when trying to edit 1 attribute.

how do I stop file explorer from deleting all of the properties ID when editing or adding another attribute to a mp3 file?

:)

markhearne1, Nov 11, 2018

2. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    File Attributes automaticly change in Windows 10

We appreciate updating us. It is also possible that the file attributes automatically changing is because of the application itself every time the file is accessed and the application has full control of it.

In the meantime, you can try removing the full control of the file by following these steps:

• Right-click the file then Properties.
    • Select Security tab and click Edit button.
    • Choose checkbox Deny, click Apply then OK and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 11, 2018
  4. File Explorer deleting all properties when trying to edit 1 attribute.

File Attributes

remove "hidden attribute with attrib -h *.* command.

If you don't have permissions you may edit them in file properties.

Igor Leyko, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer deleting all properties when trying to edit 1 attribute.

1. File Explorer deleting all properties when trying to edit 1 attribute. - Similar Threads - File Explorer deleting

2. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  3. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  4. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Editing JPG File Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing JPG File Properties: When viewing the properties of a jpg file, Win 10 only lets you edit the "date taken" field, but NOT the "date created" field. Is their a program out there that can edit the latter field?...
  6. File Explorer Display Attributes

File Explorer Display Attributes: In Windows 10 file explorer you can display attributes for a file such as Name, #, Artist, Album etc. for example on an MP3 file. But when I add an additional attribute to the display such as contributing artist or when I sort on an attribute such as Album when I exit out of...
  7. File Explorer Properties Details tab not showing all attributes of video meta data/tags

File Explorer Properties Details tab not showing all attributes of video meta data/tags: I am on HP Pavilion x360 with windows 10 1903. I have observed that details tab of file properties in windows explorer shows all attributes of mp4 files like artists, director, year etc. while for mkv files it just shows director, producer and missing other attributes such...
  8. Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it

Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it: I tried to edit the properties of my mcafee so I could take ownership and delete it but it froze and I can't edit it now. I've had this problem for a day already. Does anyone know what's happening and how I can fix it?...
  9. Editing File Properties

Editing File Properties: I'm trying to edit the file properties of an mp3 file already has some info typed in to some fields, but whenever I try to add a field or edit a field and hit apply it doesn't save the new changes, and also deletes everything that was already there. This is really...
  10. Losing all metadata when editing a single property on an MP3 file

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing all metadata when editing a single property on an MP3 file: Hi All, I've downloaded an album, and I'm trying to edit the title tag of each file, however as soon as I edit it and click apply, the file is losing all of its metadata (title, artist, album etc.) To edit the title, I'm just right clicking on the file > Properties >...