Windows 10: File Explorer deselection

Discus and support File Explorer deselection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Explorer used to keep a selection selected, and this worked for me. I could select a PDF document, open it, do a "Save As", "Hit Ctr Q" to close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thepalettejunkie, Mar 20, 2019.

1. File Explorer deselection

File Explorer used to keep a selection selected, and this worked for me. I could select a PDF document, open it, do a "Save As", "Hit Ctr Q" to close that window and delete the original all without having to touch the mouse. I could rename an entire scanning session in a matter of minutes easily.

It seems the folder settings have changed to where the file I had opened no longer stays selected. In order to delete it, I need to grab the mouse and re select it. And I would like to change it back to remaining selected.

:)

Thepalettejunkie, Mar 20, 2019
  2. tcebob Win User

deselect hotkey

I'm thinking File Explorer (details view). Having selected all, shift-space deselects many -- but not all. I didn't find shift-space listed on any shortcut guide, so not sure whether that's a kink in my PC. Odd that there is no way to do that. Maybe an AutoHotkey macro?

tcebob, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

File Explorer deselection

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer deselection

1. File Explorer deselection - Similar Threads - File Explorer deselection

2. Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately: Once upon a time in File Explorer, I could sort a folder by file type e.g., *.HEIC, quickly select all files of that type, then resort the folder by name or date, and the selected files would remain selected in the new sort order. This enabled me to delete superfluous,...
  3. how to deselect [Uefi File As Trusted for Executing]?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to deselect [Uefi File As Trusted for Executing]?: I wanted to install Ubuntu on external hard drive.I installed but it was not showing in BOOT option [l installed wrongly using mbr, later installed using uefi now its working]when it was not showing in BOOT option, I thought i have to manually add boot option by selecting ==>...
  4. When I'm selecting a file to be uploaded/used from file explorer I can't deselect a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I'm selecting a file to be uploaded/used from file explorer I can't deselect a file: In those web prompts where it asks you to upload a file and a special file explorer pops up, I can't figure out a way to deselect files. Normally in file explorer CTRL + Space will deselect items. However in this special file explorer prompt nothing happens, and I can't get...
  5. When I'm selecting a file to be uploaded/used from file explorer I can't deselect a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I'm selecting a file to be uploaded/used from file explorer I can't deselect a file: In those web prompts where it asks you to upload a file and a special file explorer pops up, I can't figure out a way to deselect files. Normally in file explorer CTRL + Space will deselect items. However in this special file explorer prompt nothing happens, and I can't get...
  6. When I'm selecting a file to be uploaded/used from file explorer I can't deselect a file

7. deselected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deselected files: Will we get the same zeroe defect operatkon with files and folders?So what I am talking about, moving PDF files or any relly bit kjust happens to be what I deal with a lot. What happens is if I selected ten files, to do the next one I accidentally click white space which...
  8. deselected files

deselected files: Will we get the same zeroe defect operatkon with files and folders?So what I am talking about, moving PDF files or any relly bit kjust happens to be what I deal with a lot. What happens is if I selected ten files, to do the next one I accidentally click white space which...
  9. Windows Deselecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Deselecting: When I'm using any app or window (file explorer, chrome, games, etc.) and I click in the bottom right area, it'll deselect the window so I can't interact with the app unless I reselect it by moving the entire window into the 'safe zone' and interact to reach what I want. I...
  10. deselect hotkey

in Windows 10 Support
    deselect hotkey: Ctl-A selects all. What deselects all? 77077