Windows 10: File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space

Discus and support File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently updated my version of Windows and now for some reason, when I am using File Explorer, there is a ton of extra white space between folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dcontrer77, Aug 19, 2020.

1. File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space

I recently updated my version of Windows and now for some reason, when I am using File Explorer, there is a ton of extra white space between folders where they used to be nicely compact and close together. Have been messing around with settings for a while in an attempt to get it back to normal but not luck. Is there any way to fix this and have it revert back to its previous view?

File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space da8b9d6e-d8d1-4187-b6e4-316abe91105a?upload=true.png

:)

Dcontrer77, Aug 19, 2020

2. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 19, 2020
  3. JCherner Win User
    File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Aug 19, 2020
  4. File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space

Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space

1. File Explorer Details Layout - Extra White Space - Similar Threads - File Explorer Details

2. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  3. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  4. How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?: I'm not exactly sure what they're called. Some examples of them are "#" and "Date Modified" and "File Type" and "Album." I don't really want these, since it makes the file name (the only important part to me) get cut off. I know that I can right click and hide them that way,...
  5. Random extra keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random extra keyboard layouts: I've been experiencing this weird ass bug where I just get extra keyboard layouts for no reason. Right now I only have 1 language option (English) with 2 keyboard layouts (English and Latin American Spanish) but when use win+space to switch layouts, extra layouts are added....
  6. File extra details list and export any column

File extra details list and export any column: TreeSize Pro not the free version does what Windows Explorershould do. In the right pane files have namedcolumns and right click any of the names of the columns gets the context menu thatshows the extra columns that Windows Explorer normally allows. So check and uncheck...
  7. "Extra details" when transferring copying or moving data on file explorer

"Extra details" when transferring copying or moving data on file explorer: I have been transferring some data around recently, and at times I have been needing to pause the operation, but my computer doesn't give me the option to do so. I can't even view the graph that shows the transfer rate of the data, and all I am left with is the standard bar...
  8. extra pane in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    extra pane in file explorer: in file explorer a pane has appeared to the right of my preview pane. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extra-pane-in-file-explorer/63cc981b-5f21-45d1-8fa6-c25a63527235
  9. Layout Of File Explorer

Layout Of File Explorer: I have just converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In W7 I had File Explorer laid out with two panes. On the left were frequently used files, on the right currently actives files and folders. This was really convenient. When I first started to use FE in Windows 10, this...
  10. Increase Line spacing between details text in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Line spacing between details text in file explorer: My eyes aren't good, so, I increased the icon size in advanced display settings under display settings- Advanced sizing of text and other items. While that did increase the font size to make it easier for me to see, it also crowded the lines substantially seemingly...