Windows 10: File explorer - display all elements in tree

Discus and support File explorer - display all elements in tree in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a lot of subfolders in a folder and I would like to get all elements inside the main folder. I checked on the microsoft community thread here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Marethju, Apr 8, 2021.

1. File explorer - display all elements in tree

So I have a lot of subfolders in a folder and I would like to get all elements inside the main folder. I checked on the microsoft community thread here but using num lock and * doesn't work

submitted by /u/Marethju
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Marethju, Apr 8, 2021
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

File explorer - display all elements in tree [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

cobrasl, Apr 8, 2021
  3. how to display entire tree in windows 10 file explorer folder pane WHEN THERE IS NO NUMBER KEYPAD

Hi Ali,

The navigation pane in File Explorer may not be set to show all folders and libraries that's why it doesn't show the entire tree when you expand it. It also possible that some files, folder, and drives may also be hidden that's why you're unable to see it
    when you expand a specific folder. To address this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Click View from the Main Menu.
    3. Click Options > Change folder and search options.
    4. Click the View tab, then under Advanced settings list, tick or check the following items:
      • Files and Folders > Hidden files and folders
        • Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
      • Navigation pane
        • Expand to open folder
        • Show all folders
        • Show libraries
    5. Click Apply, then OK.
    6. Close and relaunch the File Explorer and see if the entire folder pane tree will show when you expand it.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the performing the steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 8, 2021
  4. MisterEd Win User

File explorer - display all elements in tree

How To Get Back The Normal Windows Explorer File Tree Etc.. ??

Method 1. To open another explorer window

a. Right-click on File Explorer on taskbar

b. Select File Explorer in list

Method 2. To open another explorer window

a. Right-click on This PC icon

b. Select Open in list

MisterEd, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

File explorer - display all elements in tree

1. File explorer - display all elements in tree - Similar Threads - File explorer display

2. Windows 11 file explorer file tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer file tree: Windows 11 file explorer file tree. I have found that MS is using One Drive as the default location to save files. Although this is good for MS business, I do not want to default save files to One Drive. This is creating an issue with how I access folders and files in 'File...
  3. Windows 11 file explorer file tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer file tree: Windows 11 file explorer file tree. I have found that MS is using One Drive as the default location to save files. Although this is good for MS business, I do not want to default save files to One Drive. This is creating an issue with how I access folders and files in 'File...
  4. All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view: All posted solutions for this problem that I can find on this forum have failed to resolve the issue that my Desktop folder in File Explorer appears twice. The Desktop folder appears where it normally should be, but also in a second appearance as the parent of all folders on...
  5. All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view: All posted solutions for this problem that I can find on this forum have failed to resolve the issue that my Desktop folder in File Explorer appears twice. The Desktop folder appears where it normally should be, but also in a second appearance as the parent of all folders on...
  6. My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this?: I just got a new laptop with Windows 10. When I open File Explorer, the directory tree is missing. Where is it??? My other computer displays it just fine. HELP!!!...
  7. Tree menu in file explorer has disappeared

Tree menu in file explorer has disappeared: Where did the tree menu go--the one that shows all the folders like downloads, documents, music, etc, so you can easily navigate between more than one. I have tried to change the view in options, but it is still gone. I did not change anything. Yesterday, it was there,...
  8. Branching Tree in File Explorer Vanished After Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Branching Tree in File Explorer Vanished After Update: Windows 10 updated itself last night when I shut down my laptop, and now this morning in version 1909, the Windows File Explorer display is behaving differently. It used to show me a branching tree, like an outline, with folders, sub-folders, and sub-sub-folders, etc. all...
  9. file tree

file tree: Hello While working with back-up there has been encountered a lot of stress. Is there any ways and means to find a simple basic explanation how windows does display the files in the Graphical User Interface . Thank you....
  10. File Explorer Tree Structure changed

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Tree Structure changed: My Windows was set up badly and I was trying to make my User desktop be my laptop desktop. I changed the location of my user Desktop to C: and now My file explorer structure looks like this: [img] how do i get it back to normal with "This PC" at the top of the tree 160908

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open file explorer 10

2. windows file manager that expand tree