Windows 10: File Explorer display issues, and then crashing.

Discus and support File Explorer display issues, and then crashing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talking about this online, because some of my colleagues had the same issue on the computers we have at work: Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Klymahnn, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Klymahnn Win User

File Explorer display issues, and then crashing.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talking about this online, because some of my colleagues had the same issue on the computers we have at work: Since a few weeks, the File Explorer on Windows 10 randomly decides not to display any thumbnails for files, making that browsing files has become a hassle.

At the same time, the loading of any folder seems to take much more time when this happens. Several computers at work have the same problem and most importantly my personal one at home too... The only thing they have in common is the use of a Cintiq screen and (legit) Adobe softwares.

Here is a screen so you can see what it looks like. Also, when this happens and I right click on a file to select "Open with" the whole File Explorer and Task Bar freeze and I need to restart them, if not the computer.

File Explorer display issues, and then crashing. 906f1e90-ea61-4601-9e33-dd398ce5a091?upload=true.png

File Explorer display issues, and then crashing. 7cca0023-ff63-4216-bf2f-7fac1ec651ef?upload=true.jpg

My computer Specs: up to date Win 10, Intel Core i7-7700K, GTX 1070ti, 16GB DDR4.

:)

Klymahnn, Jun 28, 2019

2. File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Jun 28, 2019
  4. File Explorer display issues, and then crashing.

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer display issues, and then crashing.

1. File Explorer display issues, and then crashing. - Similar Threads - File Explorer display

2. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashing: Hi team, so basically when I tried to play a video on my DVD File Explorer constantly keeps on crashing for some reason so I need sommeone to give me solutions to fix File Explorer from crashing...
  3. File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Crashing: Hi team, so basically when I tried to play a video on my DVD File Explorer constantly keeps on crashing for some reason so I need sommeone to give me solutions to fix File Explorer from crashing...
  4. File Explorer crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crash: Hi,I have one of my collaborator that has a specific folder that crashes everytime he tries to research some files. The event log doesn't really help and I tried a lot of things.1. SFC /scannow > nothing changed 2. Clear registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
  5. File Explorer crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crash: Hi,I have one of my collaborator that has a specific folder that crashes everytime he tries to research some files. The event log doesn't really help and I tried a lot of things.1. SFC /scannow > nothing changed 2. Clear registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
  6. Crashing file explorer

Crashing file explorer: Hi, recently i inserted an old DVD in my dvd drive and file explorer crashed when tried to view the contents.Thereafter every time anti malware service executable props up frequently in my task manager and the file explorer hangs and later crashes....
  7. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer: I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to accomplish that. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help....
  8. File Explorer crashing with using windows display scaling.

File Explorer crashing with using windows display scaling.: Am at Windows 10 V 1803 OS Build 17134.648. I have a 4k monitor and just installed an AMD graphics card. Worked with AMD to resolve but I figured out is cause by scaling. If I don't enable any scaling I don't have the problem but the icons and text is verrrry small on my...
  9. File Explorer crashing in folder displaying mpg 'details'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer crashing in folder displaying mpg 'details': When I display a folder containing *.mpg video files and I switch to 'Details' view, file explorer crashes after a few moments. I've read online that this might be related to bad codecs on my machine. Is there a way to definitively test this or is there a trusted site where I...
  10. file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer crashes: Hey guys, pretty new here.. Been trying all night to fix this but haven't had any luck so far. Couple problems that I'm pretty sure are related somehow? The first is that file explorer is constantly crashing. It crashes when I try to go to file explorer properties, and...