Windows 10: File explorer displays a white blank bar on the menubar

Discus and support File explorer displays a white blank bar on the menubar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; File Explorer displays a blank white image across the menubar and I can't access it. This also occurs with Bing and other Microsoft applications.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thomas (t.martinez), Jan 15, 2019.

1. File explorer displays a white blank bar on the menubar

File Explorer displays a blank white image across the menubar and I can't access it.

This also occurs with Bing and other Microsoft applications.

:)

Thomas (t.martinez), Jan 15, 2019

2. Internet Explorer shortcut icons displaying as blank white page icon

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

Just a few questions first, to get a clear picture of the issue.

• May I know how are you trying to create IE shortcut for website?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer” and go to website for which you wants to create shortcut.
    • From the Menu bar click on File (If no Menu bar press
      Alt key
      from keyboard).
    • Click on Send
    • Select "Short cut to Desktop"
    • Click Yes.
    • Check if issue persist.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 15, 2019
  3. White bar covering top portion of Windows Explorer on Windows 10

Hi, I have 2 users that have suffered from this problem. Windows Explorer displays a white bar at the top and doesn't display correctly. A reboot solves the issue, restarting the process does not. You can interact with the area where the white bar is,
    it simply doesn't display correctly. Moving the window around, the white bar only shows in Windows Explorer, no other apps. Both are using HP desktops but completely different models, one is an HP ProDesk 400 G3 Mini the other a HP Z240 Tower Workstation.
    I uninstalled/reinstalled the latest driver for each computer from the HP website with no success. The issue is random and intermittent. Any suggestions?

OliverSchofieldWilsonWright, Jan 15, 2019
  4. FIN
    Fin Win User

File explorer displays a white blank bar on the menubar

Change color of menubar and list header?

Success! Once I used the Mr. GRiM method for placing the theme files and folders then they ally became active.

I needed to modify some other image numbers than the ones you suggested, maybe because I'm using a different dpi setting?

Here are the images I modified, along with some that I didn't end up needing:

#572 for list header background
    #602 for ? (wasn't active, not sure what it does)
    #603 for list header background (wasn't active, but I modified it just in case)
    #749 for toolbar background
    #1197 for menubar background

Thanks for your help on this Jerry! Now I can ally get Windows looking more how I'd like it.

A sample of my progress so far. Clean and simple, but not all-white like the default theme is. There needs to be some contrast to make things easier for your eye to d.

File explorer displays a white blank bar on the menubar [​IMG]

Thema:

File explorer displays a white blank bar on the menubar

1. File explorer displays a white blank bar on the menubar - Similar Threads - File explorer displays

2. Windows File Explorer Blank Bar on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer Blank Bar on startup: I recently updated to windows 11 and when opening File Explorer for a split second the top bar appears blank and then goes back to normal. From my knowledge, this is not normal and would like to have a solution....
  3. Windows File Explorer Blank Bar on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer Blank Bar on startup: I recently updated to windows 11 and when opening File Explorer for a split second the top bar appears blank and then goes back to normal. From my knowledge, this is not normal and would like to have a solution....
  4. Menubar in File Explorer is gone after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Menubar in File Explorer is gone after Windows Update: After I installed Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22631.2129 KB5029359 and Update Stack Package - Version 1201.2307.25022.0 the menu bar of the file explorer is gone. An screenshot is attached.Menu Bar GoneWindows UpdateHow can I fix it?...
  5. Menubar in File Explorer is gone after Windows Update

Menubar in File Explorer is gone after Windows Update: After I installed Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22631.2129 KB5029359 and Update Stack Package - Version 1201.2307.25022.0 the menu bar of the file explorer is gone. An screenshot is attached.Menu Bar GoneWindows UpdateHow can I fix it?...
  6. White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer: I am getting this error after installing a new theme I have tried to revert to the original theme and switching between light and dark mode, this error only shows in dark mode...
  7. White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer

White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer: I am getting this error after installing a new theme I have tried to revert to the original theme and switching between light and dark mode, this error only shows in dark mode...
  8. File Explorer Menu Bar is black with white text

File Explorer Menu Bar is black with white text: HiSuddenly my File Explorer Menu bar is black with white text. Also when I use Browers Microsoft Edge & Chrome I can't see what I am typing in logon & password screens. The input fields are all black. They work but I am typing blind.Here is a snap shot of issue....
  9. File Explorer Menu Bar is black with white text

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Menu Bar is black with white text: HiSuddenly my File Explorer Menu bar is black with white text. Also when I use Browers Microsoft Edge & Chrome I can't see what I am typing in logon & password screens. The input fields are all black. They work but I am typing blind.Here is a snap shot of issue....
  10. File Explorer Menu Bar is black with white text

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer white bar

2. windows file explorer white bar

3. blank bar across the top of my file explorer window

4. windows 10 explorer white bar at top,
  5. top of internet explorer is white bar,
  6. windows 10 1909 search bar not working,
  7. file explorer has white bar dell,
  8. file explorer is white on the top,
  9. blank bar on bottom of file explorer,
  10. top part of file explorer blank in windows 10 with dual displays,
  11. white bar explorer windows 10,