Windows 10: File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

Discus and support File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arealperson, Feb 14, 2018.

1. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

Hello,

In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file
    onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer.

Example:
    It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc.

It should be displaying...

"Name, Date Modified, Type, Size" etc.

Question:
    How do I make File Explorer display the General File information and not this other stuff ?

Thank you,

*Mad

:)

Arealperson, Feb 14, 2018

2. Album art size in 5800 music player

also would be nice if you pressed it and it would display mp3 details, usefull for podcasts

ruifcastro, Feb 14, 2018
  3. Can't Change MP3 Details

File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ? [​IMG]

These are what I could change but now can't

DavidReid1991, Feb 14, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

Welcome to TenForums @Arealperson

File Explorer automatically selects a view for the folder based on it's contents. If it contains mp3 files it will be the Music view.

You can change this. Take one step up so that you see the folder containing your mp3s. Right-click on the folder and select Properties. On the Customise tab under 'Optimise this folder for:' select General items.

Edit: you can also customise the view of the folder you are in by right-clicking on an empty space within the folder. See this tutorial.

Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10

5. dalchina New Member
    Here are some mp3's in a general folder (not under Music):
    Note the Details pane displays metadata so you can have both.

File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ? [​IMG]

dalchina, Feb 14, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Arealperson, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like the folder is optimized to have a "Music" folder template, and would be why it's showing those details.

As a test, change the folder template to "General Items" that should show the details you wanted instead.

*Arrow Change Folder Template in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

1. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ? - Similar Threads - File Explorer displays

2. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  3. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  4. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  5. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  6. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

7. Detail List in File Explorer

Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  8. Windows 10 Deleting MP3 File Details

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Deleting MP3 File Details: Hello all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 following the end of extended support for 7. Since then I've been trying to change or update file details for new MP3s that I've downloaded, but despite following the steps to do so in 7, Windows 10 simply erases...
  9. MP3 file property details

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP3 file property details: When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-file-property-details/16ba24b3-cbf1-48b6-864c-c88c978712bc"
  10. AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

in Windows 10 Support
    AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does: Hello. I have Windows 10 Version 1709 (build 16299.248) and I recently learned that MP3 is a lossy format so I started re-encoding in AIFF but I noticed that in the music folder it only shows the track name. It's indirectly sorted by track order by putting a two digit number...