Windows 10: File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Driver" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible

Discus and support File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Driver" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, recently the domain controller was rebuilt on my network. However after this change my C:\ drive, USB drives and the CD / DVD drives do not appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GurbyBhatti, Jul 25, 2021.

1. File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Driver" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible

Hi, recently the domain controller was rebuilt on my network. However after this change my C:\ drive, USB drives and the CD / DVD drives do not appear on This PC. I can access them by typing the drive letters example C:\ . But File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Drivers" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible. I am attaching a snapshot 1 of this issue and a second snapshot 2 to show that there are no issues in Disk Management. Thank you for all your help in advance.

:)

GurbyBhatti, Jul 25, 2021
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Driver" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Driver" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible [​IMG]

cobrasl, Jul 25, 2021
  3. External Drive not visible in file explorer

The drive IS visible under Disk management and there are no problems (it says it working fine). It does not appear in file explorer. It works fine on the mac sitting next to it, and this pc does happily recognise and show a different
    external hard drive in file explorer.

i have also tried updating the device drivers, and it says this pc has the best drivers required.

JoshMorris44, Jul 25, 2021
  4. File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Driver" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible

External Drive not visible in file explorer

Hi Josh,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with External Drive.

This issue could be some issues with the USB device controllers.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Did you try to connect the USB External DVD drive on a different USB port?
    • Did you try to connect a different USB device to your computer and check if the computer recognizes the device?
    • Did you make and changes to the computer prior to this issue? Please follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1: Check if you are able to see the USB External DVD drive in Disk Management. If you are able to see the USB External DVD drive in Disk Management, follow the steps to assign the drive letter:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    Do one of the following:

• To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click
      Add
      , click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
    • To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click
      OK.

Method 2: Install the latest Windows Updates.

This method will install the latest device drivers for your USB external DVD drive.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Windows Update.
    • Click Check for Updates. After the scan is complete, click
      Review optional updates
    • Click the check box next to the updates, then click Install updates. If prompted, review the license agreement, then click
      I Accept.
    Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the updates. If prompted, reboot your computer.

If your problem still exits, proceed to Method 3.

Method 3: I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall USB controllers and check. This method resolves steps where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupted.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right click a device and click Uninstall.
    • Repeat for each device. Once complete, restart your computer.
    • Your USB controllers will automatically install.
    Perform the troubleshooting and reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Driver" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible

1. File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Driver" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible - Similar Threads - File Explorer Does

2. Toshiba external hard drive visible in Device Manager but not File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba external hard drive visible in Device Manager but not File Explorer: Hello!I have a Toshiba external hard drive that is not detected by my Lenovo Yoga running Windows 11. I believe I need to reformat it because it was previously used on a Mac computer. I've already transferred the contents to my GDrive and the Toshiba is empty. Any...
  3. Toshiba external hard drive visible in Device Manager but not File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba external hard drive visible in Device Manager but not File Explorer: Hello!I have a Toshiba external hard drive that is not detected by my Lenovo Yoga running Windows 11. I believe I need to reformat it because it was previously used on a Mac computer. I've already transferred the contents to my GDrive and the Toshiba is empty. Any...
  4. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  5. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  6. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Drivers" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Drivers" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible: Hi, recently the domain controller was rebuilt on my network. However after this change my C:\ drive, USB drives and the CD / DVD drives do not appear on This PC. I can access them by typing the drive letters example C:\ . But File Explorer Does not display "Devices And...
  8. DVD drive missing in Explorer visible in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive missing in Explorer visible in Device Manager: I have a Dell Optiplex 7020 that I just recently purchased. The system is set up for EUFI as boot. I had contacted the seller because in a normal boot sequence, an option to boot from CD or USB did not appear. I had been using the optical drive to install programs that I had...
  9. The Seach UI isn't displaying files on drives other than C:

in Windows 10 Support
    The Seach UI isn't displaying files on drives other than C:: I've noticed that if I store by documents on my data drive G:, and index the drive, search doesn't pick anything up, however if I move it to C:, everything is fine. Anyone else having this issue? 7728
  10. Expanding C: drive with File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Expanding C: drive with File Explorer: I need to replace the personal.xlsb file to my Excel XLSTART folder on my C: Drive but I do not seem to bore down to XLSTART using file explorer. If I go to this pc and choose C: then Users, then my user name I get only such things a Documents, Favorites, One Drive, etc. I...