Windows 10: File Explorer does not show "Date Taken"information for .avi file

Discus and support File Explorer does not show "Date Taken"information for .avi file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have thousands of videos that were taken with a DV recorder. The video codec is DV-AVI. When using Sony software I am able to view the "Date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CameronSchmid, May 26, 2019.

1. File Explorer does not show "Date Taken"information for .avi file

I have thousands of videos that were taken with a DV recorder. The video codec is DV-AVI.

When using Sony software I am able to view the "Date taken" information. However, when I am viewing folders in file explorer. The date taken information is missing.

If this information is stored separately, is there a way that I can enter this data for a .avi files myself?

Regards,

Cameron

:)

CameronSchmid, May 26, 2019

2. Play an incomplete avi file?

divfix might be able to help, if not, and VLC and the other suggestions don't work it might just be impossible for your files. Are you sure they're avi files for example, check them out with g-spot. Sometimes funny people rename rar files to avi and such.

DanTheBanjoman, May 26, 2019
  3. File explorer freezes and Movie maker will not import .avi files

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

With respect to the issue related to File Explorer, I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it still freezes.

• Go to task manager. (To open press ctrl+alt+delete)
    • Click on Details, select explorer.exe
      and click End Task.
    • Go to file, located on the top left corner of task manager and select
      Run New Task
    • Type explorer.exe and click on OK.

With respect to the issue with Movie Maker, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Did you receive the .avi file or is it locally stored in your system?

I would suggest that you try to import the file to another software similar to Movie Maker so that we can know if the issue is with the file or the program itself. Also try to import another .avi file and check if you get the same error message

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 26, 2019
  4. File Explorer does not show "Date Taken"information for .avi file

File Explorer toolbar

Hi,

In Windows 10, Details pane allows the user to view the details of a file in File Explorer. However, it only allow users to modify the Date taken information of the file. If you want to modify other settings of a file, you can right-click on it and then
    choose Properties.

To be able to view the Details pane in File Explorer, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View tab.
    • Select Details pane. It will show at the right side of the File Explorer window.
      File Explorer does not show "Date Taken"information for .avi file 40cc18b9-0eaa-4ce5-8ae9-ea7b205e98b2.png

Let us know if further assistance is needed

Darleen Pen, May 26, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer does not show "Date Taken"information for .avi file

1. File Explorer does not show "Date Taken"information for .avi file - Similar Threads - File Explorer does

2. .avi video files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .avi video files: I have sun glasses that record video in the .avi format. I can open and view them on my iphone, Ipad and even an HP computer so old there is no legacy support for it but with my brand new $1000.00 lap top it does not even recognize it?...
  3. .avi video files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .avi video files: I have sun glasses that record video in the .avi format. I can open and view them on my iphone, Ipad and even an HP computer so old there is no legacy support for it but with my brand new $1000.00 lap top it does not even recognize it?...
  4. Files showing wrong dates in Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Files showing wrong dates in Explorer on Windows 10: A Windows 10 PC user reported noticing some odd issues with Dates & Times for some files being wrong in File Explorer. Some newly downloaded files will end up with Dates listed as a decade old. The Created/Modified dates in Properties of the file are correct, but it’s still...
  5. Friendly dates in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Friendly dates in File Explorer: I have two laptops running the same latest updated version of Window 10. On one, all my File Explorer dates are in the newer "Friendly Dates" format introduced with, I believe, 1903, while the other uses the older style file date format. Neither one shows the "Use Friendly...
  6. File Explorer: Date

File Explorer: Date: In File Explorer what does Date mean in comparison to Date Modified or Date Created? What date information does it provide? It is the default date format listed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-date/4614f159-9281-43d2-a1ea-3669f9a9abc0
  7. AVI files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AVI files: How do I open an AVI file in Window 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avi-files/317514da-dd91-4a1a-9685-12ace4d74f02
  8. Playing AVI files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing AVI files: I have AVI files taken on a trail camera but they won't play on Photos or Media Player. The play within the trail camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-avi-files/396c8a8f-f43f-49d8-84d3-e0ed15d305e5
  9. play avi files

play avi files: How do I play AVI files - file type is not an option under tools https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-avi-files/0f83aa78-8a2b-4fd1-bc57-f3ac7900412a"
  10. AVI-files locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AVI-files locked: Can't play my AVI-files. I am using the Pinnacle Studio program and the AVI-files are showed with a locker symbol. I get the following error message: 0xc00d5212. Can somebody help me....