Windows 10: File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...

Discus and support File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When using File explorer I find useful to display file details Title, Tag, Keyword, Object, Comments, Properties, ... in addition to the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Enrico Noli Unibo, Jul 22, 2021.

1. File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...

When using File explorer I find useful to display file details Title, Tag, Keyword, Object, Comments, Properties, ... in addition to the default details filename, ype, size, last modification. I have added these details and they are essential for me for classifying documents mainly word files. In addition these details are associated to the file and that sometimes can also be used "inside" the file e.g. in Word .Quite often, it happens that if a access the folder from another device in case of shared folders, or also from the same divice after some time, the File explorer will not sh

:)

Enrico Noli Unibo, Jul 22, 2021

2. File Explorer is not showing details.

I remember file explorer used to show details like the number of files in the opened folder, and what'
    File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows... 64d1f172-0bd6-47da-ac4b-ee84da01480a.png
    s
    the size of the file selected at the left down Conner, but I don't know why I am not able to see it!

Is there any way to reset file explorer or any thing to make it back like normal?

Utkarsh Kishore Ranjan, Jul 22, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows... [​IMG]

Here is a mp3 file with just Title (Concerto Gregoriano) and Composer in its metadata.
    1. In file explorer, I created a new file on my desktop and copied the mp3 file to it.
    As you can see, it is listed with date, size. The folder is a general format type, not music.
    Please try that.

2. To the right, mp3tag, a free utility, shows the metadata in the file.
    You might find it useful to get mp3tag.
    3. Rt click, Properties, Details, shows the Title as part of the metadata. (Composer is off the screen).

I suggest you make sure your mp3's do indeed contain metadata.

(Sorry the Window titles are faint- they are background, but should be clearer)

dalchina, Jul 22, 2021
  4. File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...

Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?

When you select files in windows explorer, there is a pane on the right hand side that will show details about the selected files. If you select more than 15 files, the details section automatically disappears and is replaced with a "show more details" link that must be clicked to restore the details section.

Is it possible to make it such that the details section is always shown, regardless of the number of files selected? The fact that the pane disappears exactly at 16 files leads me to believe it's specified in a registry setting somewhere.

Citizen Snips, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...

1. File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows... - Similar Threads - File explorer does

2. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them: Prior to the recent updates, I could select multiple files in File Explorer and it would provide the total size for the selection in the right hand column. Now it only shows the number of files selected and provides instructions to select only one file to get the size. I need...
  3. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them: Prior to the recent updates, I could select multiple files in File Explorer and it would provide the total size for the selection in the right hand column. Now it only shows the number of files selected and provides instructions to select only one file to get the size. I need...
  4. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?: I can only see date modified. submitted by /u/limberwisk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev2afk/how_to_show_folder_size_in_details_pane_in_file/
  6. Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?: When you select files in windows explorer, there is a pane on the right hand side that will show details about the selected files. If you select more than 15 files, the details section automatically disappears and is replaced with a "show more details" link that must be...
  7. File Explorer Windows10, office 2016 not showing file details

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Windows10, office 2016 not showing file details: I have looked in the community, where this issue is common. I have tried every option suggested (options on folders in Explorer,task manager, command prompts as per one of the replies. but I still cannot visualise all of my files ( powerpoint, excel etc) in the folders. It...
  8. File explorer: How to show audio details in preview pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer: How to show audio details in preview pane?: I would like to see more audio details in win10 file explorer preview pane, especially the channels and bitrate for movies in the *.mkv format. (I would like to see if they include DTS 5.1, languages, subtittles etc.) Before the latest creators update, this information was...
  9. AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

in Windows 10 Support
    AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does: Hello. I have Windows 10 Version 1709 (build 16299.248) and I recently learned that MP3 is a lossy format so I started re-encoding in AIFF but I noticed that in the music folder it only shows the track name. It's indirectly sorted by track order by putting a two digit number...
  10. Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information The details pane in File Explorer shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File...