Windows 10: file explorer does not show icons after reset

Discus and support file explorer does not show icons after reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] so i reset my pc because of a virus and now windows explorer doesn't show icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ga1pi2, Apr 23, 2020.

1. /u/Ga1pi2 Win User

file explorer does not show icons after reset

/u/Ga1pi2, Apr 23, 2020

2. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 23, 2020
  3. JCherner Win User
    File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Apr 23, 2020
  4. file explorer does not show icons after reset

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

To isolate your concern regarding the File Explorer issue, we can restore the settings of the folder views to default. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Folder Options and select
      File Explorer Options in the search results.
    • In the File Explorer Options window, click the View tab.
    • Click Reset Folders and click Yes.
    • Click Restore Defaults, click Apply, and then
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
    Let us know if resetting the folder views to default will resolve your concern.

Kristoffer Abs, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

file explorer does not show icons after reset

1. file explorer does not show icons after reset - Similar Threads - file explorer does

2. In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...: Hello,In File Explorer, I usually enable the option to "Always show icons, never thumbnails", as I prefer a cleaner look when browsing my files/folders. However, I noticed when I do this, I am unable to see previews of images, such as screenshots .png, in the File Explorer...
  3. In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...: Hello,In File Explorer, I usually enable the option to "Always show icons, never thumbnails", as I prefer a cleaner look when browsing my files/folders. However, I noticed when I do this, I am unable to see previews of images, such as screenshots .png, in the File Explorer...
  4. Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedPlammer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wmskhz/not_showing_desktop_folder_icon_in_file_explorer/
  5. File explorer showing strange "drawer" icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer showing strange "drawer" icon: I have 3-4 files uploaded to a cloud, but i cant seem to get to open or move/copy those files.All the files have this little weird icon, what does the icon mean?As seen in the attached picture, two out of the three files show this icon.Any help is greatly appreciated!...
  6. File explorer showing strange "drawer" icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer showing strange "drawer" icon: I have 3-4 files uploaded to a cloud, but i cant seem to get to open or move/copy those files.All the files have this little weird icon, what does the icon mean?As seen in the attached picture, two out of the three files show this icon.Any help is greatly appreciated!...
  7. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not showing Extra large icons: Hi, File Explorer not showing Extra large icons? Any help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-extra-large-icons/9172bd32-da5f-44bf-ba56-4395199ce0f7
  8. File Explorer crashing, not showing icons etc

File Explorer crashing, not showing icons etc: You name it, it's happening with File Explorer. I have run sfc/scannow and all the DISM commands I can find. I have restarted explorer, I have deleted the cache and I have run windows UPDATE not to change file and data and still no resolve. Are you serious right now...
  9. Explorer Files and folders crashing and not showing Icons

Explorer Files and folders crashing and not showing Icons: A. When searching no images show just icons B. Crashes when searching or coping files over C. Won't respond. I have run scf/scannow no errors, I have run ever DISM tool I can find, again, no errors. I have done a clean boot, and again no change. I have reset the files...
  10. MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer

MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer: Some of my MP4 files are not showing the correct movie-type of icon in Windows Explorer. This is when viewing the folder using icons of any size. If I switch to Details view then it shows correctly as a movie file. NB I think this seems to only happen with VERTICAL MP4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wrong document Icon in windows file explorer windows 10