Windows 10: File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive

Discus and support File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just purchased a HP290-p0043w. Everything seems to be working fine except for an annoyance with Windows File Explorer. If I put a DVD into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bruce9999, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Bruce9999 Win User

File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive

I just purchased a HP290-p0043w. Everything seems to be working fine except for an annoyance with Windows File Explorer.

If I put a DVD into the DVD Writer, I hear sounds like the PC is reading the DVD. However, in the File Explorer window, the Navigation Pane does not show the drive. If I click on the "This PC" header (either a left click or a right click to open it in a new window), then the drive shows up on the Navigation Pane. Note that I can read/write to the DVD in the drive.

Also, if I go through the same process (ie, insert a DVD and not see the drive in the Navigation Pane), there is another "workaround". If I insert a USB stick into the USB port, the computer reads it and it shows up in the Navigation Pane …..ALONG WITH THE "MISSING" DVD DRIVE. This is weird as I have never seen a computer do this. I talked with HP Support and they didn't know what was going on either.

I do have AutoPlay turned on. Is there some other option I need to set?

:)

Bruce9999, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Bree, Jul 6, 2019
  3. CD/DVD Drive does not show in File Explorer

Hi Dave,

This problem may be caused by a corrupted driver or a corrupted registry entry. Modifying the registry can cause problems if configured incorrectly.

We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this article. It
    contains methods on how to resolve CD or DVD drive that is not seen in File Explorer.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jul 6, 2019
  4. File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive

CD/DVD drive not recognized

---I'm okay with opening latops. I've opened this one 3 times, adding SSD HD and upgrading RAM. I'll be able to try this later on, Friday, probably. With it spinning up when a CD is inserted, I'm not sure this would help. I'd appreciate advice on this.

File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive [​IMG]

DellySheCorte, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive

1. File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive - Similar Threads - File Explorer Doesn't

2. File History Doesn't Recognize This Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History Doesn't Recognize This Drive: As you can see from the screenshot my One Touch drive is listed however File History doesn't recognize it. What am I supposed to understand from this?...
  3. Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer: Sorry for the length of this. I simply want to completely explain the problem with the hope that it can finally be resolved.I have a Dell XPS desktop system with an Intel i7 processor, an internal Dell DVD-RW drive, and an external ASUS Blu-Ray DVD-RW. I have windows 10 Home...
  4. Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer: Sorry for the length of this. I simply want to completely explain the problem with the hope that it can finally be resolved.I have a Dell XPS desktop system with an Intel i7 processor, an internal Dell DVD-RW drive, and an external ASUS Blu-Ray DVD-RW. I have windows 10 Home...
  5. Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. DVD/CD-Drive doesn't recognize any DVDs

DVD/CD-Drive doesn't recognize any DVDs: I have an HP 8300 Elite Small Form Factor Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-3470 Quad core It came with a stock HP CDDVDW SH-216BB DVD/CD-Drive I am running Windows 10 I cannot get the drive to recognize ANY DVDs. When I insert the disc, it attempts to read for a while and...
  7. dvd drive not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd drive not recognized: I upgraded windows 7 to 10 when it came out but I failed to install the dvd player at the time, I went to purchase it from microsoft but the app doesnt recognize the drive f at all and the driver say cd not dvd not sure what to do at this point *Moved from Windows Vista to...
  8. DVD drive not recognized?

DVD drive not recognized?: The DVD drive in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) does not recognize the CDs. [ATTACH] The CDs are shown in file managers / other programs, there the drive letter is shown: [ATTACH] Drive Manger, Win: [ATTACH] How could the CD shown by all programs? 128554
  9. DVD drive not recognized?

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD drive not recognized?: The DVD drive in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) does not recognize the CDs. [ATTACH] The CDs are shown in file managers / other programs, there the drive letter is shown: [ATTACH] Drive Manger, Win: [ATTACH] How could the CD shown by all programs? 128554
  10. Windows 10 Doesn't recognize my DVD drive

Windows 10 Doesn't recognize my DVD drive: I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Now my computer doesn't recognize my DVD drive. What do I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-my-dvd-drive/d8dd6b63-9849-4bc9-8a02-818012d86915

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tried hundreds of solutions to fix pc not recognising dvd in file explorer