Windows 10: File explorer doesn't load, desktop icons don't have thumbnails, and things like settings...

Discus and support File explorer doesn't load, desktop icons don't have thumbnails, and things like settings... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrazyCatSkits [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrazyCatSkits, Jan 11, 2021.

1. File explorer doesn't load, desktop icons don't have thumbnails, and things like settings...

/u/CrazyCatSkits, Jan 11, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

File explorer doesn't load, desktop icons don't have thumbnails, and things like settings... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 11, 2021
  3. banditrvp Win User
    File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

In Windows 10 File Explorer, I see thumbnails for a few of my pdf files but still see the generic Adobe pdf icon for most of them.

• In Windows 10 folder options, the checkbox for “Always show icons, never thumbnails” is unchecked.
    • On the Adobe Reader preferences general tab, “Enable PDF thumbnails previews in Windows Explorer” is checked.
    • Adobe Acrobat is set as my default PDF viewer.
    • I have used Disk Cleanup to delete all my thumbnails to clear and rebuild the cache, yet the problem persists.
    Any suggestions on how I can see all the pdf icons as thumbnails?
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.657
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.006.20034)

I asked over in the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum a few days ago but have received no replies.

File explorer doesn't load, desktop icons don't have thumbnails, and things like settings... [​IMG]

Ron

banditrvp, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Rockman. Win User

File explorer doesn't load, desktop icons don't have thumbnails, and things like settings...

internet explorer doesn´t load any page

I tryed all 3 methods but got no success.

The funny thing is that IE is working fine on a new created test account (like method 3 suggests) but after this I switch back to my account and confirm IE is useless.

In sum IE not working on my account which is the admin one, but it is working on other accounts I create.

Doesn´t make sense to me...

Rockman., Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

File explorer doesn't load, desktop icons don't have thumbnails, and things like settings...

1. File explorer doesn't load, desktop icons don't have thumbnails, and things like settings... - Similar Threads - File explorer doesn't

2. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer: HEIC file thumbnails load slowly. Every time I open a folder, they pop up sequentially and often times this takes a while and can be frustrating when trying to move quickly through folders. I work around this by changing the folders setting to details only. The drawback is I...
  3. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer: HEIC file thumbnails load slowly. Every time I open a folder, they pop up sequentially and often times this takes a while and can be frustrating when trying to move quickly through folders. I work around this by changing the folders setting to details only. The drawback is I...
  4. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer doesn't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer doesn't load: Every time I go to open file explorer, it opens fine. However it doesn't display any of my files and instead just says "Working on it..." and changes my cursor to the spinny blue circle. I've been having this problem, and a similiar problem where the green loading bar takes...
  6. File explorer doesn't load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer doesn't load: Every time I go to open file explorer, it opens fine. However it doesn't display any of my files and instead just says "Working on it..." and changes my cursor to the spinny blue circle. I've been having this problem, and a similiar problem where the green loading bar takes...
  7. File explorer doesn't load

8. Windows Explorer not loading thumbnails, files and drives?

Windows Explorer not loading thumbnails, files and drives?: Windows Explorer on my Windows 10 machine has suddenly stopped functioning properly. Thumbnails now do not appear, replaced by white placeholders. My drives sometimes do not appear at all when in "This PC" - it just shows "Working on it..." with a green bar that never loads...
  9. File Explorer - I don't have the right things in the ribbon?

File Explorer - I don't have the right things in the ribbon?: For some reason in my File Explorer I suddenly don't have the usual options in the ribbon - no copy, paste, delete, select all etc Now I only have things like Access Media, Map Network Drive, Add Network Location... the tabs I have are just "File", "Computer" and "view"......
  10. Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show: Just a couple of days ago I updated Windows 10 to v1909 from v1809. However, since the update, some MP4 video files don't show their thumbnails in File Explorer like in the previous version. I have no problem with videos that have a thumbnail embedded in the file. But some...