Windows 10: File explorer doesn't refresh automatically

Discus and support File explorer doesn't refresh automatically in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi guys i have some problem thats freaks me out!!! work on last updates , 64 bit every file i download to downloads folder i need to press f5 to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 10win10, Oct 7, 2016.

1. 10win10 Win User

File explorer doesn't refresh automatically

hi guys i have some problem thats freaks me out!!!
    work on last updates , 64 bit
    every file i download to downloads folder i need to press f5 to see the file on top (list by date)
    i do some things.. like use some cmd commend to scan and fix all was great , change refresh wallpapers every 1 min but for one second its seems good and again don't work.

hope you will be can help me.

thanks

tom

:)

10win10, Oct 7, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Oct 7, 2016
  3. sribasu Win User
    Files doesn't refresh on Explorer when deleted

I see a strange behavior on my Windows 10 Explorer. When I delete files, at times the Explorer window is not refreshed automatically. I mean, when deleted I expect the file to disappear right away from view. But it doesn't happen. I need to manually refresh
    the folder or move back and reopen the folder to see the refreshed list of folders. Is this a known bug? I am guessing my PC's performance is not the culprit, I have 8 GB RAM, 4 MB L2 Cache on Core i5 5th Gen processor.

When I try to re-delete the same file (which is just now deleted), I indeed see the error "File missing". Which means, the file gets deleted, just the refresh of explorer window failed.

Thanks,

Prithwiraj Bose

.com

sribasu, Oct 7, 2016
  4. 10win10 Win User

one year move and same problem

10win10, Oct 6, 2017
  5. Thats a long time with no response.

Could be your question isn't really clear. This is what I assume.

You download a file to the download folder, you open up the download folder and can't find the file that was downloaded seconds before ? If that is correct, I have found that it is best to have that folder sorted in descending sentence of "Date Modified". This will always place the file with the latest date at the top. Now if you have the download folders open in file explorer, you will have to refresh the display, since explorer will not automatically updated that folder.

Hope that answers your question.

storageman, Oct 6, 2017
  6. 10win10 Win User
    i did sort by Date Modified
    i download file and and it's goes down and after refresh it's going up
    yes my all folders is always open

10win10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer doesn't refresh automatically - Similar Threads - File explorer doesn't

2. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  3. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  4. Windows File Explorer doesn't refreshes by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer doesn't refreshes by itself: When I create, delete or rename a file in a File Explorer window or even on my Desktop, I have to right-click> refresh every time. That's pretty annoying. How can I fix it? Here's a demonstration: https://media.giphy.com/media/50n2yO9plsMJZQXsCk/giphy.gif...
  5. File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.: I noticed that when I move a file for example on my desktop I can't see it unless I'll refresh by right-clicking on the desktop and clicking on refresh. Some weeks ago it did refresh automatically. Why it isn't happening right now? submitted by /u/zKyros_ [link]...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh

Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh: After a few days, File Explorer stops automatically refreshing. Operations like: Adding or renaming a file Deleting a file Adding a folder Moving a file/folder etc. complete successfully, but nothing happens visually until I manually press F5. Some of you may realize...
  7. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  8. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  9. Automatic refresh doesn't work in File Explorer, Desktop, Recycle etc.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic refresh doesn't work in File Explorer, Desktop, Recycle etc.: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. One of the greatest problems now is that whenever I use files and folders (moving, renaming, deleting...) there is NO automatic change in file explorer, desktop or recycle bin unless I refresh them manually. Is there a fix...
  10. File explorer issue, don't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer issue, don't refresh automatically: its been some long time when i don't some files to folder and my folder view is by date of create or modifed its don't show the new file that i downlod, i try to do by myself after i read some articalis but don't think that its right: [img] windows 10 64 bit what to...