Windows 10: File Explorer doesn't show thumbnails for photo files such as JPEGs, TIFFs, or others?

Discus and support File Explorer doesn't show thumbnails for photo files such as JPEGs, TIFFs, or others? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open File Explorer instead of showing a thumbnail of the picture it shows an icon representing the picture file. This is rather recent and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack62, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Jack62 Win User

File Explorer doesn't show thumbnails for photo files such as JPEGs, TIFFs, or others?

When I open File Explorer instead of showing a thumbnail of the picture it shows an icon representing the picture file. This is rather recent and I suspect another "new and improved" update. I remove the last update but that didn't help. Also, this same thing happens on mu spouse's desktop. Doesn't happen on my Dell XPS 15 laptop thought! Opening each photo file to see what it is can be very frustrating and time consuming. Any ideas on what might help?

:)

Jack62, Jun 21, 2019

2. changing TIFF to JPEG

Hi Bernita,

You can use Microsoft Paint to convert TIFF files to JPEG format. To do so, kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open the file that you would like to convert using Microsoft Paint.
    • Go to the File menu.
    • Select Save As and click on the JPEG
      picture
      option from the menu.
    • Choose your desired location on your computer, enter the file name, and click on the Save
      button to save and convert the TIFF file to a JPEG format.

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 21, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    change tiff files to jpeg

Right-click on the .tif file and select Open with..., then select Paint. When the picture opens in Paint, click on File, then Save as... and choose jpeg as the format.

JimWynne, Jun 21, 2019
  4. File Explorer doesn't show thumbnails for photo files such as JPEGs, TIFFs, or others?

converting TIFF files to JPEG

how do I batch convert TIFF to JPEG files? Easy process on Apple. Should be in Windows 10. Thanks

reynoldsml, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer doesn't show thumbnails for photo files such as JPEGs, TIFFs, or others?

1. File Explorer doesn't show thumbnails for photo files such as JPEGs, TIFFs, or others? - Similar Threads - File Explorer doesn't

2. explorer doesn't show thumbnails and other issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer doesn't show thumbnails and other issues: HiI'm under windows 10 and file explorer has several issues.Currently :-file explorer displays no thumbnails and "options" is grayed out. -if I try to open or drag a picture, explorer freezes and has to be restarded.-same thing if I right click a file and press "open with"On...
  3. Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer: I am gradually getting all my files transferred from my old HP850 Win7 laptop to new HPSpectre16 Win 11 laptop.I know that I have duplicate photo files and folders and was going to start sorting these this weekend.However, in File Explorer, for some unknown reason, when I...
  4. Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer: I am gradually getting all my files transferred from my old HP850 Win7 laptop to new HPSpectre16 Win 11 laptop.I know that I have duplicate photo files and folders and was going to start sorting these this weekend.However, in File Explorer, for some unknown reason, when I...
  5. File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.: In certain folders, some photos will only show as icons, when I'd like all of them to show as thumbnails. I have tried all the standard stuff; deselecting "always show icons, never thumbnails" in File Explorer, clearing thumbnails from C drive, etc. My job is very difficult...
  6. File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.: In certain folders, some photos will only show as icons, when I'd like all of them to show as thumbnails. I have tried all the standard stuff; deselecting "always show icons, never thumbnails" in File Explorer, clearing thumbnails from C drive, etc. My job is very difficult...
  7. File explorer thumbnails not showing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer thumbnails not showing.: Recently file explorer stopped showing the thumbnails and showed a white file in its place. I tried going into view and changing the settings but it was all normal. [ATTACH]...
  8. Thumbnails not showing in file explorer

Thumbnails not showing in file explorer: I don't know if this is still happening to anyone else but recently all the thumbnails/icons for my files are not showing up. It happened either late last night or earlier today out of the blue and nothing is working to fix it. Does anyone know any methods to fix the issue?...
  9. File Explorer Not Showing Photo Thumbnails

File Explorer Not Showing Photo Thumbnails: Hello, I'm beyond frustrated. I'm trying to batch delete a bunch of photos at once but my file explorer is not showing the thumbnails so I am having to open each file to see what they are. This is way too time consuming. I've already done a search and followed some...
  10. File Explorer not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails: My file explorer is not displaying thumbnails ( as it was earlier) instead it is showing default program icon ( windows photo viewer, set as default for all pictures) for all picture files like jpgs, bmps. When I browse folders containing pictures. at first it displays...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer shows some jpeg files as icons and others as thumbnails