Windows 10: File Explorer doesn't update "MOVE" or "DELETE" commands.

Discus and support File Explorer doesn't update "MOVE" or "DELETE" commands. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the commands are executed, the files remain selected and still listed. Deleted items should disappear from view, yes? Same for moved files, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WayneTHEpain1, Mar 28, 2021.

1. File Explorer doesn't update "MOVE" or "DELETE" commands.

After the commands are executed, the files remain selected and still listed. Deleted items should disappear from view, yes? Same for moved files, but suddenly that's stopped. I updated w10 and rebooted and it still happens.

Also there is another persistent problem in that File Explorer will not display .txt files in preview! Every other type file that is supported works fine, but text files will not preview.

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks.

:)

WayneTHEpain1, Mar 28, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

File Explorer doesn't update "MOVE" or "DELETE" commands. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 28, 2021
  3. file explorer doesn t respond

Hi,

Thank you for posting that in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I’ll be glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to disable the Kaspersky Internet Security and use Windows Defender and check if the issue persist.

What exactly is the issue that you're currently facing with home group?

You may try to run the Home group troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Home group.

• Click on Advanced on the Home group troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Home group troubleshooter.
    Did you create this HomeGroup? If yes, you can go to Control panel and then click on the "Home group". In the bottom of the Window, look for an option "
    Other HomeGroup options" and click on the option "view or print the HomeGroup password". Try to reset the password if the issue is with the password.

For issues with file explorer, right click on the Task Bar and select Task manager.

Find Explorer.exe and select end task.

Perform an SFC (System File Checker) scan on your system for any corrupted file settings.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Command prompt admin.
    • At the command prompt type “sfc /scannow” (no quotes), and then press ENTER.
    Also ensure that all Windows updates are downloaded and installed. Restart PC if necessary.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 28, 2021
  4. File Explorer doesn't update "MOVE" or "DELETE" commands.

internet explorer doesn´t load any page

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with IE issue. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if this helps.

Method 1:

• Close all Internet Explorer windows
    • Click Start-> Control Panel->Network and Internet->
      Internet Options
    • Click the Advanced tab
    • Check the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering checkbox
    • Click Apply and then click OK
    • Restart Internet Explorer
    Method 2: I suggest you to delete the browsing history and cookies and check if this helps.

Refer, View and delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer

View and delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer

Delete and manage cookies

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies

If the issue still persists, try the below steps.

Method 3: Create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Kindly let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer doesn't update "MOVE" or "DELETE" commands.

1. File Explorer doesn't update "MOVE" or "DELETE" commands. - Similar Threads - File Explorer doesn't

2. Why would MS get rid of the "move" command in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would MS get rid of the "move" command in File Explorer.: Why would MS get rid of the "move" command in File Explorer.? It was easy to use, none of this copy and paste business then one has to go back and delete what one copied. There is nothing as simple as Move in the alternatives. It is a travesty....
  3. Why would MS get rid of the "move" command in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why would MS get rid of the "move" command in File Explorer.: Why would MS get rid of the "move" command in File Explorer.? It was easy to use, none of this copy and paste business then one has to go back and delete what one copied. There is nothing as simple as Move in the alternatives. It is a travesty....
  4. Can't delete or move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete or move files: Hello, I've been facing this problem for some time now. Whenever I try to delete a file from my desktop, I get an error saying, "You require permission from DESKTOP-KMS727/Knightmare." Even though I am the admin, it has been very annoying. I've tried many things, but I think...
  5. Deleting files with command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files with command line: I used del filename and it was successfully deleted. I also used dir to double check. However, when I checked the Recycle Bin; the file wasn't found inside. Was this file permanently deleted?...
  6. Delete a file in file explorer.

Delete a file in file explorer.: What setting do I not have correct. I simply want to delete a file that is incorrect. I tried to replace it with a corrected version, but now I have two files with the same name and cannot select the correct one. And when I right click, or simply select delete, nothing...
  7. Moving or deleting files

Moving or deleting files: Hello While trying to move or remove certain files, I'm getting this warning: "If you move this file, Windows or another program may no longer work correctly." I DO KNOW you have responded to a very similar q. already, but, in this case, those files were copied from an...
  8. File Explorer (or Total Commander)

File Explorer (or Total Commander): Rigt click on file, select Properties and than blck screen 2-3 sec, natig do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-or-total-commander/fb0817c6-6d0a-45c7-a89a-66fa46e2829e"
  9. Moving Files to Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Files to Explorer: I've always moved files from Windows Live Mail by dragging them into Explorer, now I get this message, also happened trying to move files from my phone (android) [img] 116223
  10. Windows (not just File Explorer) hangs up deleting or moving files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows (not just File Explorer) hangs up deleting or moving files: I've run searches but can't find my specific problem, and it's driving me nuts. I'm having trouble moving and deleting files in Windows -- not just File Explorer, but in FreeCommander, as well. There are times when Windows cooperates fully, but sometimes it stalls when...