Windows 10: File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

Discus and support File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there!I work in sales and every year, I take all the quotes and orders I've done the past year and put them in a folder titled something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nelia_Sales2, Jan 14, 2022.

1. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

Hi there!I work in sales and every year, I take all the quotes and orders I've done the past year and put them in a folder titled something like "Quotes 2021" or "Orders 2021". I regularly go back to those quotes or order to use them as a master or just to update the quotes.Now this is where the problem comes in. I know for a fact that I did several quotes for a certain company, however, when I put the company's name is the search bar in File Explorer, all I get is a blank screen saying that "No items match your search" thing. This isn't a problem in any other folder, other than the most rece

:)

Nelia_Sales2, Jan 14, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Can´t open files from a certain folder

Hello internet, I have gotten a problem lately:

I copied all camera photos/videos from my phone(a Samsung Galaxy A70) as it were going for reparation.

Now i can´t open any of those photos or videos from the computer(Running Windows 10).

The app says that it doesn´t support the format of the file.(JPEG, MP4 and PNG in this case)

I have tried open it with various apps including the old Photo Gallery, Paint, the new Photo Gallery for windows 10(called "Photos" right?), even Microsoft Word... There are no specific error code, the app is only saying that it doesn´t support the format...

I also have tried to move the files to other folders and open them, which doesn´t work either.

I still can open other files with those formats in other folders.

What should I do??

eliiassons, Jan 14, 2022
  4. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

1. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders - Similar Threads - File Explorer doesn't

2. File Explorer shortcut to folder doesn't behave like a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer shortcut to folder doesn't behave like a folder: This is Windows 10. All my photos are under e:\pictures.In c:\users\sumiyo, I create a shortcut to e:\pictures, which I name pictures. When I double-click on shortcut c:\users\sumiyo\pictures, e:\pictures is opened. Similarly, when I enter c:\users\sumiyo\pictures in the file...
  3. File Explorer shortcut to folder doesn't behave like a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer shortcut to folder doesn't behave like a folder: This is Windows 10. All my photos are under e:\pictures.In c:\users\sumiyo, I create a shortcut to e:\pictures, which I name pictures. When I double-click on shortcut c:\users\sumiyo\pictures, e:\pictures is opened. Similarly, when I enter c:\users\sumiyo\pictures in the file...
  4. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  5. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  6. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders: Hi there!I work in sales and every year, I take all the quotes and orders I've done the past year and put them in a folder titled something like "Quotes 2021" or "Orders 2021". I regularly go back to those quotes or order to use them as a master or just to update the...
  7. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders: Hi there!I work in sales and every year, I take all the quotes and orders I've done the past year and put them in a folder titled something like "Quotes 2021" or "Orders 2021". I regularly go back to those quotes or order to use them as a master or just to update the...
  8. File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work: Good morning, I am having a problem with my Windows 10 file explorer searches. When I search for an item, it brings back results in for the current folder and all subfolders as it should. When I click on "Current folder" in the search tools, however, it does nothing. I...
  9. Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work: [IMG] When I open the following file path on my device, the CPU immediately goes from 0%-100% in task manager and the app stops responding. This happens when I click anywhere in the window. What I mean by that is if I click on the file, try to rename it, highlight...
  10. Right Click doesn't work on certain files if they are on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click doesn't work on certain files if they are on Desktop: Okay, this is a weird one, I can right click on files if they are in a folder, or even folder view, but if the files is an image file *.jpg, *.png, etc... I am unable to do a right click on it. Sometimes I can see the menu pop up, but then it disappears almost as quick as it...